Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another newbie from Melbourne with a XVS650

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by JakeG, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself to the forum. I'm very new to the world of motorcycling and have just picked myself up a nice Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (pictured in profile). It came with all the goodies you see in the photo so unfortunately I probably wont be much help with advice on any of the upgrades. I do however have all the reciepts etc if anyone is curious about prices.

Modifications include:

Matte Black Paint work with badge removed
    Vance and Hines Cruiser Pipes
    Hyper Charger
    Kuryakyn Flame Grips
    Lowered
    White walls
    Forward controls
    Led Brake Light
    Shortened rear guard
    Kuryakyn Mirrors
    Bullet indicators front and back (clear)

Well thats about all I can see. The bike has an awesome sound and seems to have a lot of guts despite what I'd heard prior. Although I dont have a whole lot to compare it to of course.

Hopefully I'll get to chat with some fellow owners and share some tips etc.

Cheers,
    Jake

2. welcome jake

many here ride bikes like yours.
    not to mention some awesome mods they've done!

3. Thanks Joe. Am looking forward to learning more and participating in some of the learner rides that ive read about.

4. Hi Jake and welcome to NR

5. Welcome jake. Hope you enjoy it here :)

6. Welcome Jake, awesome bike

7. Hi and welcome

8. Welcome to NR!

Awesome bike there - I got the same but the only mods I've done are rear view mirrors (Arlen Ness Stealth 2), Levers (Kuryakyn) and Vance & Hines Cruzer Exhausts.

I like the way it is now but you never know.... :p

9. Cheers guys! Thanks for the feedback. Lazy Libran, how do you find the new leavers? Much of a difference? I find the clutch has a really late bite point compared to other bikes I've played around with..

10.  Top
  11. That looks awesome. It looks like Rusti has got a bobber kit, I was looking at them on the Blue Collar Bobbers website.

I'm thinking of coming down to the learner session at Elwood next Saturday if it's still on. Hopefully I can get a look at some nice examples of different bikes.

12. Unless there is an earthquake or threat of floods ,
    Saturday practice will be on as per usual ...
    except for the weekend of the 12th November as it's the " Ride for Gold " fundraiser event for Hawklords son, heading to Daylesford for the day .

We'll be heading in this weekend as usual if you want company to the BP :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I love the new levers. Much more comfortable than the stock ones. Especially on longer rides, the difference can be felt.

You can get the clutch thing fixed though.

14. Yeah I was reading up on the Clevver. Looks like a good option I think. It's already starting to bug me, although I'm sure I'd get used to it.