Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another newb...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Hyssy, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Hey there!

Stumbled across this (great) site while looking for...funnily enough a decent bike site.

Been riding over a year now, finishing up my Ps in June. And can't damn wait. Currently on CB 250, moving on up to a CBR 600F (in June, natch :wink: ).

I've been on a few of the HART courses, try to learn as much as I can from more experienced bikeys. Unfortunatly I have fallen off once, hit a patch of diesal halfway round a junction, in the wet (thanks draggin jeans!).

Well, enough from me.

2. Hiya. What model CB have you got? Great bike. All the cool people have had one at some stage. :cool: :)
  3. Does that include cruddy old CB1100s? :)
  4. It's an '04 model, fantastic bike as you said. I remember the day the shop delivered it to me. Pissed down with rain that evening but I still hobbled out for a 2 hour mash up/ shakey down the road.

I'm an every day commuter into the city, so if you see a black '04 CB 250, giz a nod :LOL:
  5. Yep :)
  6. I nod at everyone. It's like a nervouse tick. :wink:

They are good value. I had a 92 CB250 for ages. I was very poor until about 6 moths ago from when I got it so I could never afford to upgrade. The lack of power used to frustrate me sometimes on long trips but I don't think I could've picked a better 250 to be stuck with for all those years. I did me proud. I still get a little emotional when I remember giving it that last kiss on the tank as I handed it over as a trade in. :)
  7. Cheers - means I may have been cool once upon a time :grin:
    The screensaver on our laptop is of my partner on a CB250 learning to ride, I learnt on a CB250 as well and they are a solid bike - can see how they'd grow on some people and can serve well after your 'apprenticeship'.
  8. Gday and welcome

Cheers :cool:
  9. My first bike was a CB 125, an orange colored one...does that count as being cool?

Good, thought so.
  10. howdy howdy, what subburb you in there hyssy
  11. Down the road from you, in Belrose.

Two months till the day for my CBR600F....heheheee can't wait. It's sitting in the shop right now... Hmm it's been 2 days since I went to visit it, do you think it misses me?