Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another newb on the road

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Crashtastic, Jul 28, 2015.

1. G'day all,

Hoping to get my Ls and a shiny road bike soon, looking at absorb as much info before then to help keep myself out of trouble!

Currently living in rural Victoria, grew up fanging (or pottering, depending on how you look at it) about on old farm bikes.

Always loved dabbling in motorsport of the 4 wheeled variety, and latley been working on cars powered with motorcycle engines. This peaked my interest in motorbikes, especially road bikes. I've always tried to talk myself out of getting a road bike because I hate the idea of the SMIDSY, but I'm becoming less and less convincing these days!

Hope to steal some good info from those more experienced, in the hope that I'll survive long enough to return the favour!

• Like Like x 1
  2. You seem to think this riding business is dangerous, it isn't really. Smidsy accidents are mostly bullshit; the victims have usually put themselves in the wrong place to start with. You'll be fine.​
  3. Welcome Crash,
    There's a few of us down your way now.
    Have a good look through the welcome threads and you might be able to catch up with some other in Sale or the surrounds.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I'm used to my 6 points and roll cages. I'm sure I'll get used to the exposure ;)

I'll be sure to have a search Steve, thanks!
  5. If you are on a PC you just need to hover over their picture and it will show their location if they've included it.
  6. Welcome aboard :]
  7. Welcome CrashtasticCrashtastic enjoy yourself!
    I was one of the most risk adverse, scaredy cat, can't do that and just seen too many patients who had come to grief off bikes kinda girl etc before I had the epiphany a year ago.
    Whilst I have dialled the craziness back a bit, I just love riding and never ever (well 99.9%) think about anything other than having a fantastic ride and learning more about riding.
    I was never one to take shit from others on the road though and most certainly don't on the bike. Ever.
    My new motto for new riders-
    Just chillax but be alert and not alarmed so when you're riding you're really unlikely to come to any harm :D
    Just enjoy the ride!
  8. Howdy & Welcome to NR!