Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another New one

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Banjo, Jun 11, 2006.

1. G'day folks,
    Yes, another newbie. About to get back on a bike after many years. Getting rid of the Nissan Patrol cos I'm the only one in it and looking at buying a transalp. Anyone got anything to say against the bike. Nearly all of what I've seen has been positive so far. I'm a bit of an old fart, last bike was a Norton so don't hold that against me :) , and I'm intending doing a lot of distance touring, so I don't want a bike I can't pick up on my own out in the bush. Any helpful comments would be welcome, as would worthwhile advice on new gear etc.

Thanks.

2. hey mate, welcome to the club and welcome back to the world of 2 wheels

3. Thanks

Thanks Goosh...really looking forward to doing it all again

4. welcome banjo
    good to see u come back to the 2 wheels again
    hopefully one day see u on a ride since ur not too far from where i am
    take it easy mate and happy riding :grin: :grin:

5. jeez, he's even older than me!!!!
    Welcome to Netrider, Banjo, and welcome back to the wonderful world of two wheels....

6. Thanks guys,
    Thought I'd sneak in and no one would notice the age.
    Thats why I'm probably going to get a transalp. With my heart the way it is, anything else would probably result in cardiac arrest. Thanks hornet...:) and there's a few people already saying it's mid life crisis...but have you ever tried filling a patrol fuel tank at todays prices.

7. Banjo and there's a few people already saying it's mid life crisis..

Mid life nothing, I prefer to think of it as a second coming cause we all remember how good our first one was :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh and BTW.. .. g'day

8. Weldome Banjo

Good to see another dual sport rider.

Transalp nice bike - should fit your requirements. Just make sure you take it for a run on the freeway to make sure you are comfortable doing 110kmh an hour on it.

All the best

9. Thought you would sneak in and no-one would notice? Fat chance with it blowing an Arctic gale in Sydney and raining in Melbourne. You won't be able to sneeze on Netrider tonight without 40 riders catching cold... :p

10. As others have already said, welcome back to 2 wheels and welcome to the forum from Mid Life Crisis