Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another new Netrider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Simon74, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Hi Everyone, I'm a new member to Netrider though I must confess I've been lurking and not paying my way for far too long.

I took up riding again 2 years ago and currently ride the new 2012 DL650. Just come off a DRZ400SM. The Strom is no crotch rocket but most my riding is the practical type. You know, to work and back and various other commuting duties.
    I don't just ride down to the local cafe on a Sunday for a coffee to pose for some photo's in front of my bike :p (not that there is anything wrong with that)
    I like to ride the thing as much as I can.

Great info on this site and I'm looking forward to meeting a few of you on some organised rides in Melbourne at some point in the near future.

Cheers Simon

2. Thought I'd give myself a welcome!!
    I'm getting a complex:confused::D
  3. Gday Simon, welcome mate!

Gees, everyone must've been distrated, out riding, or too busy planning their pranks for today! You dont normally have to welcome yourself :D

Hows the wee strom going for you? The new model looks good and getting favourable reviews from what Ive read.
  4. Welcome to NR Simon, the new DL looks great, a well overdue facelift. Hope to see you around on a ride soon.
  5. #5 Simon74, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Thanks, it's a great bike albeit on the practicle side.
  6. Welcome Simon, what part of Melbourne are you in?

7. Thanks, I'm South East, Cheltenham
  8. Welcome :)
  9. Ok so only 20 minutes from the Saturday morning Learners/New Riders meeting. Not sure if they are running during Easter but get along to meet the bunch down there one Saturday.
  10. Welcome to NR Simon, enjoy the ride. I might see you about, you are just down the road from me :)
  11. Last I heard, Learner practice was still on over Easter. BTW, it isn't just for learners either - a lot of the old hands get down there for a gassbag and a turn around the cones.