Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another new member....

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by tommop1983, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Hey Everybody,

I just thought i should drop a quick hello to everyone here being that I havent posted before (well not that I'm aware of)...I signed up a while ago but I'm not an active poster.

My name is Tom and im a 25yo 2nd time L plater from Box Hill, VIC.

I am one of the lazy few who let their Learner Permit expire and later regretted it and had to re-start the whole process.

The first time round I had a ZXR250 (from sumoto...dramas galore) which I sold and bought an RGV250...'twas greatest toy i've ever owned but like all great toys I broke it, destroying 2nd gear and the clutch on warrigal rd resulting in a lonngg fishtail over 3 lanes to the gutter.

anyhoo im picking up my third bike tommorow (another ZXR250) this one hopefully isnt a lemon and doesnt slap my face for wanting to chose my own gears.

That's pretty much it for my rant but i have to throw a big thank you to all of you for the hours of information ive already gained from this forum. I hope to see you all out on the streets again soon!

2. Welcome. No better day to be picking up a bike. Glorious weather tomorrow :)
  3. Welcome indeed. The joys of two-strokes, I well remember, but you definitely DO get a quieter life with two more stokes :LOL:.
  4. ....well all i can say is TYPICAL from mechanics that the bike isnt ready when promised.

Its a beautiful weekend and I'm not going to let this spoil it. I've decided if the bikes not ready Monday I'll be taking it as a bad omen (as if this isnt one already) and finding another bike.

take care guys!

and yeah i miss that two stroke smell/power haha
  5. Hi Tom

Welcome to NR
  6. Welcome to Netrider Tom :)