Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another new guy

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by SlowpokeStu, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Just a quick note to say hi……..hi

Some quick details as an introduction

Bike: 91 Viffer (VFR750) the one with the white rims. Hand painted with red Wattle exterior paint using a roller after fixing the damaged fairings. It’s quite a sight :grin:

Gear: Arai Helmet, Draggin Jeans, Dririder Jacket, Alpine Star Gloves, Random Boots

I ride daily to work up and down the Tulla freeway (free for us anyway), keep the suit at work and change when I get there. Been back on the bike now for 6 months after 5 years of nagging the good lady wife to let me get another one following her receiving the dreaded phone call “this is officer (insert name here), your husband has been in an accident and is on his way to hospitalâ€

If you see me on the road give me a nod

Cheers

2. You're not related to Disco Stu, are you? :LOL:

Welcome to Netrider; just what we need, another Honda rider over 40 :).

3. Welcome.

OK this sounds like a must see bike. Maybe you should come along to the spanner nights and give a few tips on painting bodywork.

Ignore Hornet, There is nothing wrong with 40 year olds thata bit of time and experience won't fix :LOL:

4. Trust me you dont want tips on painting bodywork from me, its a very poor job :oops:

Preparation is everything and I was totally unprepared :grin:

Spanner night sounds interesting I might actually learn how to do some work on the thing. ATM my knowledge is limited to keeping the fluids where they are supposed to be.

Oh and Hornet, Disco Stu is my 3rd cousin 3 times removed on my mothers step fathers side :p

5. :rofl: