Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another New Guy Intro!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Respi, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Hey All,

I thought I'd sign up and say 'hi' and introduce myself.

Who am I?

30 year old living in the Stanmore area and I have not ridden for roughly 10 years, mainly because the smart person inside of me at the time told me I wasn’t ready on so many levels to be on a bike. To avoid a short term stay on Earth, I listened to that inner voice and sold my bike.

Personally, I find this site to be an excellent resource and am looking forward to contributing and meeting some of you in person on social rides when organised.

I’ve got my rider test booked in for January as to allow me ample time to really get back to basics and re-familiarise myself with everything I thought I already knew all those years ago.

What bike?

I’m leaning towards the Triumph 675 or the 07 R6! Mainly for the styling and the certain small aesthetic features which appeal to my tastes.

Will I mod it?

Other then eliminating the fender and perhaps integrating my turns, the only significant mod is retrofitting some xenon projectors in, confused?

Basically my job on the side from being a Web Producer is to retrofit luxury headlight projectors into cars that don’t come with xenon projectors. I’m currently doing a Honda VTR 100 bike and will shortly do mine. To help clarify, this isn’t just throwing a kit and a bulb into your existing headlight! It involves custom fabrication and attention to detail to give maximum performance whilst retaining that OEM look.

*output pictures can be sent via pm for those with a curious nature :)

Anyways, I’m pretty pumped about being on the roads again, this time with my head screwed on!

Respi :)
  2. Hi mate and welcome.

Keep an eye out there is always a ride or something doing.

3. Welcome Respi

I'm interested in your fabrication light thingy. but you can't PM until you get your post count up. Can you post up some links?

Also good idea to do a return to riding course, not sure who does that in your area. We 30 y.o seem to be in the highest risk category in bike acco's.
    Glad you were smart enough to drop riding when you had to and to smart enough to return :)
  4. Hi Mate,

Thanks for the warm wlecome and advice, trust me i'll have plenty of questions closer to the date.

Regarding posting pics it unfortunately says I cannot until I reached 5 posts. :(

As soon as I hit 5 posts i'll post links in this thread! :)
  5. Squidding

I did a search but the results were vague!

Is 'squidding' a term used for not wearign enough gear?
  6. Retrofit pics

Ride owner = raceoholic330

Headlights have been pulled from US vehicle.

If you've seen an accord Euro on the freeway with xenons at night you'll know how wide and far they throw light. Now imagine your bike doing the exact same thing.

fabrication is something that is different each time depending on the bike. Once I do mine you'll be pretty blown away with the results and perhaps your opinion of riding at night!

Normal Driving Lights
    High Beam Front
    Normal Driving Side
    High Beam Side

Mod: Fourth pic changed to link please read https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2813