Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another new guy from Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by bigDan, Jul 18, 2012.

1. G'day everyone,

Another new rider here, I spent a couple of months researching and deciding on what kind of gear and bike I wanted and reading plenty of information on Netrider. It has already been very helpful to me with tons of great posts read from a great bunch of members.

I completed Qride a week ago and bought myself a near new (2400km) '11 GS500 to ride whilst on my RE license. At 6'4" and about 130kg I was looking at the larger capacity LAMS bikes and preferred the GS500 over 650's that are restricted to make the LAMS category. So far I've put about 800km on the bike while steadily working my confidence up and obviously with so much more to learn. I plan to use the bike to commute and for longer rides on weekends/days off. Looking forward to meeting some fellow members in time and going for some group rides when my skill level improves.

Dan :D

2. and when you get off restrictions you can buy a bike a real Suzuki - GSX1400 !!!!!

Kinda styled like the GS500 but more handsome, bigger, faster, more comfortable and better in every respect.

Welcome to NR and to motorcycling !
  3. Welcome to NR. :)

Enjoy the ride. Once it's in the blood, you'll never get it out.
  4. #5 hongyi77, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Welcome, I am a newb too.

5. Welcome big Dan, looked at the Suzi 500 myself but decided to hone the skills on a 250 for a while, having been off the bike for 30 years or so. Last bike was a BSA 650 back in the dark ages, bought a well used GPX 250R, bit like me. Have a ball and stay safe.
  6. #7 bigDan, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Cheers Lazy Libran

Thanks for the welcome VladTepes. With nearly the full year til I'm off restrictions I'm sure I'll change my mind 100's of times about what 2nd bike to buy. Really like the look of the street/speed triple. So many choices, the mind boggles!

Thanks minglis, I already know what you mean. Really enjoying getting out any chance I get for a ride.

Thanks hongyi77, hope you're enjoying riding as much as me.

Thanks Mcsenna, good stuff on getting back into riding, I'm sure you'll get the skills back easily enough and the GPX 250R should be a good bike for the job.
  7. Welcome aboard. I'm in Bulimba myself so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any GS500s wobbling around :p.
  8. Welcome....stay safe and enjoy...
  9. Welcome to Netrider, Dan. Solid choice in bike too. :)