Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another new bike thread - well second hand new bike -Pic Pg2

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Chlowen, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Hey all,

Just upgraded my GS500 for a GSX-R 750 2000 model. Took it for a spin on Saturday morning before the rain, wow, this thing handles amazing. The first thing I noticed was how well I sat on it, the tank felt like it grabbed my legs and held them in place. I tested a TLR-1000 also, but after riding my GS500 I couldn't get the TLR to turn/lean like the GS it required a lot of man handling to get it down on the bends. The 750 new when a turn was coming and did it all for me, well not quite, but felt like it. The dual front discs are amazing, I did a lot of safety braking on the GS and thought I could break well, this thing actually slows the rotation of the earth.
    I will post some pics when I pickup the bike this week. Oh yeah it had a tiny little bit more power than the GS500 but you could hardly notice it.
    :LOL:

Anyone looking for a 93 GS500? Going cheap.

Paul.

2. how much for the gs? :p

3. No Pics...
    This Thread FAILS!
    :worthlesspics:

4. The GS is a 93 model with just under 100k on the clock, always garaged and serviced every 5000km since I have had it. Doesn't blow smoke and is a decent lams bike, I am 6' 2" in the 80kg range and has been great. I am looking for $2200. Has rego and roadworthy.

I am in Gippsland.

I will POST PICS when I pick up the Bike.

5. Indeed, we want pics!

6. Nice bike the 750 but the above quote is a bit cheeky given it really should be in the for sale section.

7. Hey,
    I am extremely interested in the GS500... However I can't PM yet.
    If you could give me a call on 0400 206 292 or e-mail me at locky_bee @ hotmail(dot)com that would be great.

8. Grats on the bike. Another one has seen the light of Suzuki! :D

9. congrats on the new bike, dont worry about those asking for pics some of us can see you have already said you will post pics when you pick it up, and some others only care about the GS, maybe you could auction it off in the bikes for sale forum.

10. Congrats on the upgrade. Sweet choice of bike.

Goodbye to tyres that seem to last forever and welcome to rubber that magically disappears :p

11. Way to go Locky. Posting your phone number on a public forum is always an awesome thing to do. :LOL:

12. ill give you $1000 due to the lack of pics..

13. hmmm, most forums don't mind, and I've got nothing to hide from people.

14. hey have fun on that but play it safe.

hey
    u taking over Kutlu area now are you lol

15. where is ktulu ?.

16. dont no but hope he is alright. off riding around somewhere.

chlowen sorry for hijacking thread a little.

17. No probs with the thread hijack. I am hanging out to get the bike, I will post pics when I can.

Paul.

18. pics are good

19. He dosen't seem to be around, so we can make hay with picless new bike threads :cheeky:

20. Finally a photo

As you can see I have a bit of growing up to do, but I think I can handle it. :LOL:
    Pq19als9.