Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another Netrider RIP

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Apr 15, 2015.

1. It is with much sadness that I have to report the passing of Dennis Curran, who we all knew and loved as Haggis. He had been battling cancer for the last few years and succumbed to the illness in the last day or so. MickeyB will be sending me details of his memorial service and I'll post them up when they are at hand. Needless to say our sympathies and condolences are extended to his family.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Condolences to his family and friends, i met Haggis a few times on rides, he was a truly nice man who thoroughly enjoyed riding and meeting people
  3. Didn't know him but sad to hear. Condolences to his family and friends
  4. Dennis' funeral service will be at 1:30pm Thursday 23rd of April, at the Pinegrove Memorial Park Cemetry, West Chapel, Kingston Street, Minchinbury, NSW, 2770. Details of a wake following....
  5. Condolences to the family. I didn't know the guy but that doesn't matter it is a sad end for one of our number.
  6. Sad to hear but from what you've said he's probably in a better place with hopefully plenty of twisties. Condolences to family and friends.
    "With the sun on your face and the wind at your back , may the road ride easy into the dawn.
    With horizons to draw you out, and places undiscovered.
    May your soul find peace in a rider's dream."
    Ride on Dennis. - From your Netrider family.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. My thoughts are with the family..
  8. Gutted. RIP mate. Had many great rides and many great pub evenings with you, MickyB, Hornet and Sleddog. I may have been out of the Sydney scene for a long time now, but I remember sitting having lunch in Oberon a year or so ago and there you were with a netrider group. I'll cherish that catch up.
    I'll be coming up from Canberra for the day to say farewell.
  9. RIP, fellow rider.
  10. Dennis' wake will be held at the Colyton Hotel, Great Western Highway, Minchinbury. It will start at 3:00pm. It would be nice if some folks on bikes could lead the group from the funeral to the wake, but given this apocalyptic weather, it will be understood if this doesn't happen.
  11. I'm sure you won't object to me bumping this, to remind anyone who can attend that Dennis' funeral is this afternoon at 1:30pm. RIP you old fellow Hornet rider!