Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(Another) MT-07 LAMS Review

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by rexploit, Dec 10, 2014.

1. G'day guys and girls,

New member here. So thanks in advance for any help received or advice offered. :) Ok onto the bike:

Have owned it for several weeks now... And approaching 3000 happy km's. Bought brand new with 4 k's on it from Bikebiz Parramatta. I found them a professional and courteous bunch and have nothing but good things to say about the team there. I have since optioned it with the following:

Akropovic exhaust.
    Rizoma frame guards. (Crash knobs).
    Rizoma tinted windscreen.
    R & G tail tidy.
    R & G rear footpeg delete kit.
    Yamaha hard rear cowl.
    Yamaha red rim tape.
    Yamaha radiator end guards.
    Yamaha coolant reservoir guard.
    Yamaha MT-07 tank guards.
    Yamaha chain adjusters/rear bobbin pickups.
    I think that's it so far... Haha.

Bike is incredibly easy to ride, and makes fantastic use of the 38kw/57nm you get with it. It's nimble, enjoys a few bends and being only 180 kegs makes it easy to muscle around. Grunt around 3-5thou is great for stop start or spirited riding. Fuel economy is good... That said... To me that isn't important... And the popping/crackling of the exhaust always makes you want to ride around a gear lower! ;-)

It gets a lot of (positive) attention both on the road and parked at the servo/shops. I couldn't be happier. Look forward to getting out and about with you all at some point. Happy to field any questions.

Cheers all,

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sounds great, glad you are obviously enjoying it

Cheers Jeremy
  3. Yeah it sounds like a great bike, what bike did you have previously?
  4. They are great bikes! I might be getting one early next year. Do you have any photos with the accessories fitted? Would love to see the customised look of the bike.
  5. Welcome and glad to see you enjoying the ride and the accesorries very impressive!

I don't think there is much to add anymore! Awesome stuff ;-)
  6. #6 iClint, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    Nah! heaps more to do shorty levers, tinker with the sprocket ratios, try and squeeze a bit more power out of it with some fuelling mods
  7. welcome,:] nice bike
  9. Your bike sounds good would love to see some photos
  10. i'm keen to hear you thoughts on the Rizoma frame guards Brent, i'm about to buy my MT-07 and the Rizoma bobbins look the part, they have bad reviews from other makes as they apparently don't stick out far enough to actually guard anything...
  11. Hi Rex, please post some photos. Would be great to see your bike! Cheers
  12. Nice write-up, I had a look at one yesterday and I must say it may just be the one that turns me from sports bikes.

Looks like his too busy out having fun on it lol
  13. Lol, sounds that way, id really like to get his view on the rizoma stuff as im tossing up if i should buy them or not
  14. Lovely bike. It won auto traders UK naked bike of the year and overall bike too - albeit the 689cc version.

Not allowed to post urls yet :(
    bestbike2014 autotrader co uk
    • Like Like x 2
  15. G'day guys, sorry for the tardiness.

The Rizoma frame guards do indeed protect the frame and engine... But handle bar ends, levers and whatnot will still suffer.

I don't know how to upload photos here - I have some good clear ones... I'll work it out. :)

It's my pride and joy... Lol.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Hey Brent, was that you i was riding along with on the princess hwy and then up king st newtown? ( i think 2 or 3 days ago? i was riding with Damedi from this forum, he was on the white MT07 and I was on the Red one.

17. Certainly was Ben! :)
  18. Welcome and glad you're enjoying the MT-07. I got mine from Bikebiz Parramatta as well (a little over a month ago) and agree that they were great to work with. Dagz is a top bloke. My only improvement at time of purchase was a tail tidy, Akropovic titanium exhaust (baffles out) along with D&G crash bobbins. I have a radiator guard on order from Hurtle Gear. A windscreen is on my wish list and the Rizoma option is dead sexy I must say.
  19. You are making me feel inpatient. I can't wait to get on the road on my bike. A few more days to go.
  20. I'm very new to biking & have been busting my head as to what to aim for. I was aiming for a Honda CB500F then saw the CB500F then shifted to Suzuki Gladius 650 till I finally saw one on road last weekend & have been madly in love since. Is it recommendable for a beginner? My main thing is I don't want to buy a lower powered LAMS bike and want to go thru the hassle of selling. I preferred something best for long term.also,riding stance should be straight up. Last but not least reasonable maintenance costs. Do let me know if possible. Thanks