Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another Lurker Pops Up Their Head ;)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Blue Boule, Mar 21, 2008.

1. G'day Netriders,

I've been lurking about here for a year or more now and thought I'd say a quick hello and thanks for all of the comments that have been a great help in finding me a new bike. I've been punishing myself on an old ZXR750 for the last 7 years or so and have just started a major change in riding comfort and enjoyment by ordering a very nice C50 - hopefully arriving just after easter.

It seems my future searches will be about mods instead of which bike!

Cheers!!

2. Welcome Aboard!
    :biker:

3. hi and welcome to what some call the nuthouse

4. jeex, blokes are buying crusiers young these days :LOL:

Welcome to Netrider, where ALL riders are welcome....

even young blokes who buy crusiers :p

5. Ha! The problem is I don't feel so young after being cramped up on the old ZXR for an hour or more. I'm not sure if that says more about the bike or my back :shock:

6. Welcome aboard..

Used to own an 06 C50 and believe me cruisers arent as comfy as people think they are. Sorry to be the bad news bear, but your very lower back takes a pounded because of the very upright position. ZX14 is much more easier on the back.

7. Well, during my test riding the position certainly felt more comfortable. I found the stretching over to the handle bars on the ZX to be problematic in my middle back area after 20 minutes or so and I had none of that during my test rides. Time will tell I guess, but hopefully it won't solve one problem to create another :shock:

8. You are right about it initially being comfy.. Just after a while with our lovely rds my lower back started to ache big time. Awesome bike though, i just got over the whole cruiser thing so i sold it.

Do yourself a favour when you get it and get the seat refoamed, this will eliminate some of the problem. You see, where the bracket is on the seat to attach it to the bike, is right where your tail bone sits and the foam isnt thick enough there.

9. Welcome aboard mate

10. I think I know what you're talking about. I found my old GN250 to have a similar discomfort, one that I was reminded of when riding the VN900. I didn't notice it when I tried the C50 out though. I'll see how it goes, but I do see you can get a nice gel seat for it that may help. If I'm lucky I'll start to get a better idea later this week of how it will go!

:biker:

11. hi n welcome

12. Welcome

I recently had a ZX10 seat reupholstered and was told that gel inserts aren't that great, a good quality foam is a better option - I'm sure that when you speak to the experts you'll find the right option for you.

I'm not into cruisers myself but the Boulevard C50 looks cool.

Enjoy!