Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

another lurker finally posting

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by qwertypop, Apr 12, 2009.

1. heya, been using this place as a source of information for a while so thought i would finally introduce myself.

im 20 and from Brisbane, got my RE license last July and a vtr250 later in the year. had a minor off shortly after getting it (panicked and low sided on a downhill corner), but have been riding incident free since then lol

i'm heading overseas soon for a few months, but after that i will probably look into getting in on some group rides etc.

thats about it, not a lot else to say :)

2. Congratulations on de-lurking :LOL:.
  3. Welcome to NR mate, bummer about your off, but i bet you learned a million things about it..
  4. thanks

yeah i think it was a real wake up to how easy it is to come off if you don't stay calm and cautious. and i have the scars on my leg to remind me that regular jeans and sneakers don't cut it as protective gear :oops:
  5. ATGATT mate, ATGATT
  6. ^^ wot he said :)

Oh, and welcome to NR! :p
  7. Welcome to NR :)

Sorry to hear about the off...guess sometimes it takes learning the hard (and sometimes painful) way to not take liberties in regard to the safety aspect.

Ride safe