Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

another lowside thread

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by apollokids, Aug 24, 2009.

1. hey everyone,
    so a couple of weeks ago i stacked my bike, most of the fairings are cracked but im gonna replace them soon.
    the bike wont start going because the clutch cable has come undone, i think the cable might be missing a clutch adjustment locking nut or something? would these be available to get anywhere? or would i need to get a new cable?

also the choke cables bracket is broken i think.

i also have purchased some aftermarket fairings off ebay, have read everywhere that they might need drilling extra holes in them.
    if i was to get a full service done and these farings fitted by a mechanic how much do you think it would all cost me? im only a young student with not much money haha. thanks for your help

ugh the image loader isnt working and i cant post image links! :(

2. forgot to add its a 1988 mc19 cbr250r
  3. Impov'd student ??? save some money and make it into a naked.

It won't go any slower without a fairing, may even go marginally better without the extra weight.
  4. If you remove the fairings then you'll never be able to re-sell it.

Get yourself a service manual for your bike and see how its done. In regards the parts, go down to your local bike wrecker and see what you can find. You'll be suprised trust me.

The mechanic will charge by the our so do the math
  5. thanks for the replies
  6. [​IMG]
    would i need to buy another cable altogether?