Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another learner ;)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by JimmyGenesis, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Hey all,

As alot will say, long time lurker, first time poster ;).

Got my L's last wednesday, looked at a couple of bikes and ended up settling on a cbr250rr (yes i know, you'll all call me a boy racer :( ) But i just really enjoy the cruising on the bike and has decent performance for a 2fiddy. Picked it up quite cheap too, couple of marks here and there, but runs like a charm.

Had quite alot of riding experience from dirtbikes (enduro and a bit of moto) so the Course was relatively easy.

Done about 130km's since saturday, i'm hooked, it would probably be more if the tyres weren't in average shape. She's booked in for new shoes on friday so i'm stoked. Riding in traffic wasn't as daunting as i thought, but i think that'd because i'm focused on what's around/infront of me, rather than the controls and not being nervous 8-[

Anyway, that's my rant and would like the thank NR members for alot of the helpful threads for learners =D>
  2. welcome to NR
  3. Welcome to NR. (y)
  4. Enjoy the bike and welcome :)
  5. 130kms??? You're certainly beating me! Good on you!
  6. Thanks guys, just came back from my mates place (whom i didn't tell i was getting my licence, we've ridden plenty of motox together) and hes looking to book in for the course tomorrow. Woops =P
  7. Nice man! I just got on a CBR250RR today for a short ride (only had 6hrs of riding experience :(...) Was a little uncomfortable on it at first but the bikes rev real hard and sound awesome.. haven't decided if I will buy it yet or get something like a zzr250 but they do look really awesome!
  8. I got my licence like 5months ago, i picked up a cbr250rr about a month ago, i wouldn't have it any other way. Great bike to learn on if you want the seating postion of a sports bike. im glad i didn't pick up any of those new 250's
  9. Yeah great stuff mate,I just started riding too,I have kawasaki gpx 250,2006 ,I'm getting new shoes too ,I hear u have to be very careful with new tyres,for the first 100km
  10. welcome jimmy :]