Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another Illawarra rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Ashcol, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Hi all,

Birth name is Ashley but as my kids tell me "thats a girls name" so just call me Ash, new to Netriders but spent many years previously commuting to and from work on a beloved 1996 yamaha yzf 600 thundercat which I eventually sold when I went back to working for myself (carpenter) anyhow have recently had a midlife crisis and after 8 months of whining to the wife have purchased a 2001 r1, thankfully these things are only as fast as your right hand allows, dont have any friends that are as crazy as me to buy a bike when your pushing 40 years so looking for like minded riders to enjoy the twisty's with.

Noticed the ride from bald hill thru robbo, neriga ect, sounds like fun just not sure if my ass could take it yet, but will join in soon.

Cheers.

2. Welcome

3. Pushing 40. Pfft that's young :)
    Welcome to Netrider.
    You may want to check out www.illawarrariders.com for local info and rides too

4. Thanks Hornet, signed up after I read your post but still haven't got a confirmation yet, hope there not doing a police check!

5. Welcome bloke