Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another idiot with a boot question!

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ken, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Okay, so in a 1000kms worth of riding last week I tore a big hole in my rjay short boots, so I have decide on either a touring boot or race boot full length.
    Now to the question.
    I have a wide foot and obviously need a wide fitting boot, anyone got any suggestions?

2. I'm led to believe the Sidi's are made for hobbit feet
  3. What size are you?
  4. Always a personal choice mate... Head out shopping and try 'em on.

I got told Sidi were for wide feet, but when i tried it on, didnt fit well, went for A*'s and perfect fit... onto my second pair. Hope it helps!!!
  5. I have fairly wide feet and found Gaerne to be very comfortable.

I'm currently wearing http://www.mcas.com.au/_product.php?section=1&prodid=6395 .
    They've been worn in every type of weather Sydney can provide and the one part of my body that never get uncomfortable is my feet. Great boots if you don't need full race style protection.
  6. I've got short, wide feet and I found the SiDi touring boot fit best of those in the shop.
    These have been worn daily for 3 years, have never leaked and are comfortable enough in summer.
    They also have a thinner sole than others I tried. I like this because it reduces the angle through which the ankle has to move to go over and under the gearchange,
  7. my brother has wide feet and swears by his BMW touring boots. easier to walk in than his race boots.
  8. If you know GP Boots I am a 12E
  9. +1 for A* - fit my wide feet just fine.
  10. Hmm...
    I usually take a UK14 just for the width :p. But a 12-13 will fit for the length.
    Might check out the A* then...
  11. Which model Sidi did you get? Seems there are many more variants available overseas than there are in Australia. One dealer told me he was not getting them any more because they are too expensive. I don't understand why they are so expensive for the dealer to buy at wholesale than they for shops in eg USA.
  12. A* Smx-5's aren't too bad, I have wide feet too and I fit them like a glove! Highly recommend them!