Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another Hyosung GT250R thread

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by N2O, Jul 3, 2006.

1. I went to peter stevens today just having a browse and the GT250R '06 model caught my eye.
    Does anyone know anything about them? $7,500 on road, with 2 year warranty seems ok, but I would want to be sure if its good.
    Anyone had that trouble of the wobble over 110km/hr, or is that just one person?
    I'll be happy if it comfortably sits on 140-ish, as i'm used to my old VT250F

I'm going to check out the insurance on it as well before I make a choice.
    I'm pretty big 6'1 and 100kgs so the smaller CBR and FZR are very cramped for me, so I like the size of the GT250R.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. i am also 6'1 and 100kg...
    the GT250R is perfect. I've had mine for 2 weeks now.

plenty of write ups... just do as Vic says... he knows all
  3. The clutch is shit, and what Vic said.
  4. There are only 3 nice things i can say about the Hyo GT250/R.

1. They're physically big enough to be comfortable even as a 250.
    2. They come new with a warranty which is better than most 250's.
    3. The GT250R actually looks quite nice for a 250.

Aside from that... i've got a long list of not so nice things to say about it's performance, stopping power, acceleration (or lack there of), engine technology, restricted Australian delivered spec, ...
  5. Yeah. I don't like my bike much, but that said, there's no other 250 that I'd take.

Unnecessarily fussy? Probably. But I think the choice of 250s for those who want a sports bike is shit.
  6. my opinion is that they are a every thing that you should expect from a bike. the start they move they corner they stop. They have a fairing. they are an "advanced" engine for its class. as said they come with a warranty so if anything does go wrong with it, you've got nothing to worry about.

IMHO they are taller than most faired 25o's they are good for a learner as they are not overly twitch as the 4 cylinders can somtimes be.

opinions only, make up your own mind ;)