Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another HID thread

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Doch, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Hey Peeps, I've searched threads, googled, researched and read everything that I can find but to no avail.
    I've done an HID conversion, they work fine but because the Hyosungs run a seprate hi and lo beam when i switch between the 2 there is a delay of several seconds between one going off and the other getting to full power, so I'm litteraly flying blind for a time.

Has anyone experienced this or has an answer to this please let me know.

I'm not the sharpest nail in the box when it comes to electronics so please be gentle with me.
  2. So now the headlights are worth more than the rest of the bike? :LOL:

Sorry, couldn't resist. On a more useful note (though not much...) sounds like you need a bit of processing/relay control to delay the dimming of one as the other comes up to temp. No quick/easy fix that I know of, which might mean some qualified/professional help required.
  3. Haaaarrrr Haaaaarrrr you cracked a funny. Spose I should xpect that, but hey when you get an 08 bike for nothing you dont pass it up.
    Yeah youre right bout time i got the sparkies involved.

I went for HID's not for looks but the swtandard lighting might as well be a white stick hanging from the front of the bike.
  4. Check out www.korider.com One of the members there did a HID conversion. Can you get a high/low H7 HID kit? If you adjust the headlight the standard Hyo halogen light is not all that bad as it is a projector lens.
  5. One possibility is to have the low beam stay on when high beam comes on. This way you will get the close wide spread from low as well as the longer range from high beam.

The ADR's may say one on one off (low must be off when high is on) but there are plenty of twin headlight bikes out there with both lights running.