Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another greenhorn

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Odd, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I am just getting back to riding again after a 10 year hiatus. I never managed to get a real licence, just rode bush bashers and then rode around for a few months on a learner's permit :!: (naughty lad)

Anyway, I bought a Kawasaki GPX 250R last week to learn on and, well, the learning is in full tilt. I mean I am learning that buying old secondhand bies can be an expensive lesson in itself. You can read more about the saga at this site.

:) Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Kim (Odd)
  2. Welcome, and enjoy the bike :grin:
  3. welcome odd....look forward to seeing u at the coffee club at milton some friday night......
  4. Welcome to NR Odd. I hope the gpx worx a bit better for you now
  5. Coffee Club at Milton on a Friday night? What goes on there??
  6. Welcome Odd, hope you enjoy the GPX.
  7. Hi Odd and welcome to NR.

8. people eat, drink and drool over each other's bikes.......read more here:

9. Welcome Odd and:

...to come along on Friday to the coffee club. Real nice folk thar!
  10. Hey I'm sorry to hear the GPX was not roadworthy. It looks like a good bike and with the expense the mechanic has charged on top of the purchase price you got average market value. How many kms are on the clock? Did he say why it was miss firing under load?
  11. Not yet. I am hoping to hear back from him this afternoon once he has finished the work.

I think the clock says it has about 43,000 on it but I reckon it has prolly been around at least once.
  12. Hi Kim, welcome to the forum. Good luck with the bike.
  13. Welcome top NR Odd

Great choice in bike :wink:

From a fellow GPX rider
  14. Thanks Alli and Pete :)
  15. ah its ok - they welcome me there and i don't actually ride to the night..... :LOL:
  16. Welcome Kim. Hope your bike doesn't cause any more troubles.