Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another Gold Coaster

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Dan76, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Hi folks, I'm Daniel, 33 years old from GC.
    Started riding 2 wheels with a 50cc scooter 2 years ago, progressed to a 100cc and now ride a Derbi GP1 250.

Having served my "apprenticeship" so to speak, have now decided to go for my "R"s this Sunday.

Having not looked into bikes too much, its a real task narrowing the list down of which bikes to test ride. The sports tourers appeal as do the nakeds.

Most Sundays I am out for a ride, hope to meet up with some of you in the future.

2. Good luck with going for your R's. I found getting my R licence was so much easier than getting my RE because I had some experience by then, and you should find that applies to you as well. Might see you out and about!

3. welcome bud, what is R's?? is that like NSW p's? and what is RE

4. Thanks, did a 1 1/2 hour lesson on Wed and picked it up pretty easily, apart from stalling a coupe of times :-w

Thanks for the welcome, yep RE is like P's, R is Opens. :)

5. Welcome to the forums! Awesome to see more Gold Coasters popping up. : )

6. Well I passed the test with flying colours and now have my Open licence.

Now....what to buy :D

Thanks mate, where abouts do you go riding?