Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

another girl rider...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by treefrog, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a few weeks now so thought I would come out of the shadows and into the light.

I started riding 14 years ago and I've done just about every dumb thing in the book. I started out on a postie bike, then a little honda cdu, then graduated to an SR500 (had a LOT of fun on that) and then found my way on to a Pantah which I loved until the day I wrote it off.

Made a big mistake in marrying a guy who wasn't a biker, and under pressure to do the right thing (and after the sad demise of the pantah) I gave up riding for 6 years. Marriage ended a year ago - bought a '97 XJ600 - and been the happiest chick on the planet ever since.

I have an 8 yr old daughter, who is my little biker buddy and we go everywhere together on the bike. The xj is just perfect for the two of us. I have never had a car licence - it never felt right - so the bike is my only transport - we ride every day - rain hail (yep been thru a hailstorm) or shine

I've learned heaps from reading the posts on this forum. I don't have much to offer back, but I could probably tell you all the things NOT to do.

I have had some goofy adventures in the past - just me and my bike - but it has been a steep learning curve getting back on the bike again.

Oops didn't mean to write a novel.

Oh bugger - I am really nervous about hitting the submit button...

HI ALL
  2. Well hello and welcome, we are a friendly bunch. Well some of us are :twisted:
  3. You are more than welcome to the forum treefrog.
    You have not said what area you are in, so I cannot invite you to a specific coffee night so will invite you to the nearest one to you.
    :grin: :grin: :grin:
  4. You'd be surprised :!:

Welcome to you and your girl.
  5. I live at Bangalow, bout 10 mins from Byron Bay..
  6. My favourite town, I love the pub there.. Sunday arvo blues sessions aahh the brain cells I have killed. Oh I used to live in Lismore, that's a shit hole though!
  7. + 1, you'll be surprised what you have to offer, 14 years with a 6 year break, thats still 8 years, and with no car licence probably more riding than 80% of people on the forum.

Welcome Ms treefrog to you and your tadpole :grin:
  8. Welcome to netrider! :)
  9. Hi to both Ms and Miss treefrog, and welcome! :grin:
  10. welcome. i hope the handsome prince will come and give you a kiss :grin: :wink:
  11. Nah, i live to far away :p
  12. Well....I could tell you its not a good idea to go on your big road trip with your hairdryer cord trailing along the road behind you.

Does that help anyone out? :LOL:

And I could tell you its probably not a good idea to ride without a nut on the swingarm bolt thingy on the highway, and have to keep banging it back in with your heel until you reach the next town....(err I think thats what it was - at least it was some important bit that was fairly crucial to mobility)

And I could tell you not to let a logging truck run you off the road on a hairpin bend outside Ebor, and leave your SR500 upside down in a ditch with the fuel pouring out while the trucky keeps driving off totally oblivious to the disaster

And don't ride through hail - it hurts
  13. Oh, and most importantly - if you ride a Ducati - avoid bumps at all costs. They don't like it.
  14. welcome treefrog and little treefrog :)

Nice to have another chick around the traps ;)
  15. Welcome to the treefrogs, it's great to have you here, enjoy :).
  16. welcome! Yes its strange how divorce can bring back the things we love most. A Pantah, I rode a 650 once. Man that was awesome :grin:
  17. [​IMG] treefrog
  18. ...are you a michigan treefrog???

Hello my baby, hello my darling, hello my clemannnnntineee!

Great to read you've rediscovered your passion!