Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another (early) mid-life crisis - SW Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Reaver, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Hi All,

Just a quick post to say hi, I've been lurking around the forum for a couple of weeks and am finding it to be a great resource. As well as being a Netrider newbie I am a bike newbie too - have just gotten my L's and first bike at the tender age of 33 after 10 or so years of procrastination!

I've ended up with a new CBR500RA which I'll share with my wife for now (another newbie), prob until I get off my restriction. I live SW Sydney near Camden - have been out for a few little runs so far including a trip up Hawkesbury Rd today - what a sweet way to spend Saturday arvo :)

Anyhow, looking forward to chatting with you guys on the forum and hopefully hooking up with some of your rides/events over the next while
  2. Hi Reaver, A great thing to do, one of my favourite things is and early morning run in the hills with the sweet smell of a nights rain in the eucalyptus. It is a joy that few other that motorcyclists experience. Welcome to the tribe.
  3. Welcome to NR ! One of my sisters lives near Camden , some good riding in the Southern Highlands / South Coast area's .
  4. Welcome to Nutrider!
  5. If you're going to have a crisis then this is a good way to do it, welcome. Hopefully you get to meet our very own midlife "crisis " shortly.
  6. Thanks guys,
    Have a few rides earmarked down south from here, Macquarie Pass and Kangaroo Valley are high on the list. Have some time off work between Easter and Anzac Day so hope for some nice sunny days to have a go and built the confidence. Thoroughly enjoying myself so far :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome to life on 2 wheels. Have fun!
  8. welcome bloke

you cant have a wife without pictures because without pics it never happened
  9. Welcome to the dark side!
  10. Welcome to Netrider. Lots go good people and advice around here. Hopefully we can catch up for a ride. I'm not far from Camden, I'm near Liverpool and have a few freinds close by as well. We try to get a ride in every month. South, southern highlands etc is often on the cards.
  11. welcome aboard :]
  12. Hi Senetor, keen to meet some riding buddies out this way - I'll keep an eye out on here but give me a shout if you're planning a run would love to tag along.
  13. A good run out your way is:

Remembrance derive out to Picton > Barkers lodge rd. to The Oaks > Burragorang rd. back to camden is a good run. you can add in a stop at the Burragorang look out.

a little bit longer... Douglas Park Drv. > left onto Wilton Rd. then you can head back to Camden/CTown or head east for RNP.
  14. I'd be up for a noob ride around there :)
  15. Welcome aboard. I like the CBR500 a lot and if I didn't get the CB400 at a great price would have gone there. I suspect that if I move to colder climes and need a commuter it'll be back on the list.
  16. Welcome to NR..

Never too late to start...;)