Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another Disgraceful Old Man

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Yankee in Oz, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Hi All,

Just found my way over from the Ulysses Club, which seems to be turning off forum users right, left and centre. All looks good in here so far, so maybe I've just found a new home, or second home, or whatever.

I hale from Melbourne, before that... well, I won't bore you with all those details, and it is a long, long story.

My ride is a GTR 1000 and I'm thinking it needs a trip around the block, which would be my first as well. But I need to do it soon, because I'm told that I'm approaching the crest of the hill. I certainly don't ride as fast and furious as I once did, so try not to get in groups that I would slow down. But mostly just very respectful of speed limits.

What I've seen here looks good. Hope I can add something of value along the way.

YIO :nopity:

2. welcome sir ....hopefully see you on the road sometime
  3. Welcome mate hope to see you around :)
  4. From one digracefully grown old to another, G'day.

Yes the UC forum is a little more than difficult at the mo ](*,)
  5. Welcome to the band mate. Havent you heard - ITS ONCE YOU'RE OVER THE CREST OF THE HILL THATS WHEN YOU PICK UP SPEED! Cheers
  6. Why is that? Are they simply not taking members? Also - how old does one have to be to join? I believe i'm still about 25 years off from memory.
  7. From their website "A social club for motorcyclists over the age of 40"

I'm pretty sure it used to be over 50.
  8. Welcome to the forum fellow Ulyssian :)

40 for Junior membership, 50 for full membership.
  9. Another Ulyssian here, (only just full member)

They changed the forum software, and the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully they will fix it.

As far as I know there are no problems with membership - You can be a 'Junior Member' at 40, full at 50.
  10. Good to see another Ulyssian here. I have never been a fan of the UC forum. Too many dummy spits and sulks.
  11. Welcome to NR. (y)
  12. I did look at joining the Ulysses mob, but I reasoned that as I'm still a relatively young'ish 60yr old, and I still like to ride further than just around the block for a coffee morning, I would just hold off joining the greys until I turn 70 and see if I'm old by then..
  13. ooops forgot........G'Day and welcome
  14. welcome to NR :)
  15. Plenty of us old guys on here, although i am at the younger end of old, only being in my early 50's.

Still ride my bike every day as preferred transport over the car.

Welcome to a forum where the members go for a 3 hr ride with a 20 minute break for coffee, rather than the other way round.
  16. Mostly dummy spits and sulks at the moment, TonyE.

Yes, people can join UC at 40 years of age. We need someone to pour our coffee, open the wine, and help us leg up onto the bike.
  17. I've just turned 40 - what are your policies on nudity and/or cross-dressing?
  18. Neither are mandatory.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Sweet.
    What about moving a motion at the AGM - should I bring enough bananas for everyone if I expect to be seconded?
  20. Welcome old fart, are we being raided by UC dudes today?