Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another close call.

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by OzDJ, Apr 21, 2006.

1. One day you'll get the message Derek - Always wear your gear! :twisted: :eek:wned:

Glad you made it thru OK tho.
  2. OZ

good to see you here in NR as well as AS.

glad you came out relatively OK, coulda been soooooo much worse.

and yeah i bet you'll stick to the full protective gear rfom now on :)
  3. you are sooo lucky glad you survived and glad youve learnt your lesson. Even riding a scooter, never travel without protective gear.
  4. Safety Nazi’s on Defcon1 alert in this camp, give it a rest will yas.
    There’s no shortage of badly injured riders whilst fully kitted in the right gear.
  5. But we ARE in the middle of a drought and there are tight water restrictions here in Sydney, DuHAST. Appropriate safety gear may have prevented the need for a major hose-down of the accident scene. :grin:
  6. Stuff the safety gear(apart from a good helmet), one of lifes great pleasures is riding a scooter on a balmy sydney day dressed in nothing but a singlet and a loose fitting pair of shorts that lets the breeze caress your cods. Pure bliss really. And Ive ridden and survived on all types of motorbikes for 24 years!
  7. had a similer thing happen to me the other day. some wanker pulled out in front of me forcing me to swerve wildly or slam into them.

gets the heart pumping. the adrenalin flowing...

shoulda stopped n said somthing, but just kept on riding.

just goes to show.. 2 wheels makes us think faster...
  8. You looking for membership in the human crayon club?
  9. Lucky you made it through! One of the side benefits of being a motorbike/scooter rider is it makes you a much better car driver because you actually pay attention to what's going on around you!

...and stick with the safety gear! The day you decide to air out the cods, will likely be the day you end up a hood ornament...keep on scootin'
  10. hah! nice one ;)
  11. I feel so dirty. Truly considering walking to work tomorrow incase I get another vision of fundies 'caressed cods'. :tantrum:
  12. Why register to go to this link?

Could you try other host without registration?