Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

another CH10 free to air

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Grant600RR, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Just flicked through the TV guide and read that there is meant to a second Channel 10 only available to HDTV. At the moment there's already ABC2, well just repeats and re-runs of shows that was televised like a few days ago from the ABC.

Hopefully, waste of time making a mention of this, probably the second Channel 10 will be all repeats of criminal investigation shows that I don't even watch. Just hoping they do put on some old school repeats that haven't been repeated for like 15-20 years that I enjoyed watching on Channel 10 when I was a kid like "The Comedy Company" as one of them.

Can't forget "Double Dare", an old school game show where 12 year old contestants got wet and messy. I couldn't have my afternoons after school without watching it back then. I'd probably change the channel five minutes into this show.

However, "It's A Knock Out" was dope, just a crazy sport game show just like "Friday Night Games" or "Big Brother Friday Night Live" and very 1980's, except this all happened in a football stadium back then. That's a Channel 10 show that I really miss the most! Heaps better than "Friday Night Games".

2. It will be a dedicated HD channel running first run programming and HD exclusive shows and movies.

That was the gist of the press release I read about it a couple of weeks ago.
  3. ABC2 is much more than a re-run channel, however. Live concerts from The Old Grey Whistle Test (admittedly repeated a coupld of times), and other places, Late Night Legends, (sports broadcasts from yonks ago) and lots of other stuff, make it worth having a DSTB all by itself.....
  4. +1

We record lots of stuff from ABC2. Looking forward to Ch10 "2". :grin:
  5. Don't get too excited if you live outside metro areas.
  6. when does it happen??
  7. Scrambles is involved in all of this - he works at Ch10 I believe.
  8. Any idea if Adelaide is included?
  9. Don't see why not. If you can get normal network CH10 then you should get it.
  10. Nah, country towns aren't included :p :p

So when does it start?
  11. December according to 10's website