Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another brother lost.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by nobby, May 19, 2005.

1. Motorcyclist dies in smash
    May 18, 2005
    A 37-year-old man was killed when his motorcycle collided with a car in Melbourne's outer east tonight.

The Box Hill man was riding a motorcycle west along Burwood Highway, Ferntree Gully, about 8pm (AEST) when he hit a Holden Astra, a police spokeswoman said.
    The car had entered the highway at the Dobson St intersection, she said.

Police would investigate the accident and prepare a report for the coroner

In Gods hands

Jeff

2. Just posted it too & deleted it Nobby.

Condolences to the family of the rider :-(

3. Sad...

Have you ever noticed the use of language differences with cars and bikes...in the example above "when he hit".

Listen to the TV or take note when reading the newspaper..."the car went out of control", "the motorcyclist lost control", "the car entered the interection into the path of an oncoming motorcyclist" v "the motorcyclist hit the car"....

jdm

4. Condolences to family & friends. There but for the grace of God!

5. Its sad to see the loss of another fellow rider, my condolences to his family. :(

It would be nice (read Bloody amazing) if the media could accurately report the facts in these situations, not embelish or sensationalize to make better viewing/reading.

6. Sympathies to the family.

Take it easy out there people - we've lost WAAAY too many.

7. Condolences to all concerned.

8. damn.....
    I hate that
    another loss of a life

RIP

9. Agreed. I started watching the Corby program last night on 9, but turned off when they started turning it into a public vote 'gameshow'.

Missing the point of the thread though, sorry.

Condolences, always sad when somebody dies, whatever the reason.

10. My condolences to the riders family and friends!

Its a sad reminder of how easily these things can happen.

11. RIP :cry:

All these riders going down, people here on Netrider coming off, me included makes me think hard about riding. I really love my bike, but my god, what is our lives worth ?

To whatever higher authority might be out there, please help me to be a better rider and help those around me out there to more aware.

12. with all bickering thats going on with the protest and other things , nothing unites or brings riders back down to earth than to hear of a lost brother .
    just makes you thankfull for what you have got , or haven't.

thoughts and wish's to family and friends during these tough times.

Glen

13. How sad for his family.
    I offer my condolences.
    My thoughts are with them.

Another senseless death of someone doing what they love........

I know I love riding.
    Hope that "it won't happen to me".
    Hope.......

14. It is sad to hear that another motorcyclist has been tragically killed.
    (What is it with the cliches that keep getting used, just because someone rides bikes doesn't make that person my/your brother, sister, aunty, maybe if we had met we could have become mates, or maybe not, but calling someone that you have never met your brother is a big call.)

bad Cage
    bad Cage
    Bad Cage

15. There is nothing we can really say to help others, and outselves, to deal with loss, of any sorts.

In time, things will become a little easier, but you will never forget and you should not allow yourself to forget. Afterall, we all meet again one day. What ever your belief.

May he rest in peace and may the pain the family is suffering fade as quickly as possible.

16. Condolences to his family and friends.

17. His name was Paul, he was a wonderful person. When you spoke you new that you had his complete undivided attention. He approached life with an energy and a great joy that was evident to all that met him.
    His love of life and optimistic attitude was infectious. Those that new him were blessed , those that didn't were the poorer for it , as we all are at this time.

Michael

18. Condolences to all

19. Sympathies as well . Its not easy tho Steve . I was half a meter away from Rhonda attending my funeral . A drunk driver nearly took me out on my way home from work last night.

20. be careful out there in the wild kids :(