Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another Brisbane 2 wheeler

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Batchy, Feb 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hey brothers and sisters

Getting back onto my own two wheels after a long hiatus.

Just bought a second-hand BMW that I've had on my wish list for more than 20 years.
    Previously, a devout Honda man. My first was a Honda SL125 bought brand new. I credit it for teaching me the skills off-road for the confidence to ride on-road. Every afternoon, I'd hit the dirt tracks with a couple of mates until it got too dark to see.
    I thought I'd hit the big time when I moved up to the XL175.
    A brief ownership of an 8 valve Yamaha 500 twin taught me to stay with Hondas.
    It had twin front discs, 10,000 rpm redline but would stay in tune for about 500km.
    Then it would be out with the file to reset the spark points.

It was back to Hondas with CB400 four, the CX500 V twin and a CB500 vertical twin.
    Years later, I briefly owned a BMW R90S but a growing family needs funds so it had to go.

Now back on the road and looking forward to seeing parts of Australia with mates who keep asking "Why haven't you got one?" Now I do, so let's go riding.

2. Welcome back to the fold :cool:

3. All aboard. & as they say on the London underground "mind the step", that's a fist full of decent acceleration & a lot of metal, two up, after 20 years.

4. Thanks for the advice.
    I'm taking the rider refresher course soon because I know that my skills will have gone rusty.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the welcome

6. Welcome, another Brisbane biker...

7. Welcome back to riding and welcome to NR...

8. welcome aboard :)

9. Welcome to NR mate

10. Welcome back! I'm in exactly the same situation as you.

John.

11. Thanks for the welcome guys.
    Looking forward to some lively chats.