Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another brilliant idea from Lil.....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by lil, Mar 8, 2005.

1. After the HUGE success of my last forum suggestion :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: , I thought I would offer another one.....

Wait for it.....

*drum roll*

how about a state by state Ride Events/Announcements forum????

Everyone will have something to say about this, but again, with all the new members and interstaters we have been attracting........it might be worth a shot.....

Anyhooooo...........I might just disappear into my shell now and let the sh!tfight begin!

:D :D :D

2. There doesnt seem to be much that happens outside victoria, but it couldnt hurt i reckon. Good idea lil :D . Now you just need to convince the admins i guess

3. :-k

Hey I've heard about you........aren't you the girl who suggested the girls only forum?

*scuffle* *scuffle* *bang* *POW* *KA-BOOM*

*Seconds later a mob of netriders leave after wrestling matt232 to the ground for fear of inadvertently adding fuel to the almost out fire.....matt232's pleas for help are muffled by his gag.*

:-# Mm Mm Mm!!!!

4. mwahahahahahahahhahahaaha :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

yeah, i'd say you better stay in that shell lil, gawd, with the ruckus you started with the gender 'segregation' you'd think you might have learnt. imagine the shitfights over 'segregating' the states! someone will think your trying to turn each state into a seperate country so we can all start wars and eventually blow up the planet :shock:

5.  Top
  6. OMG here we go, Lil and her big ideas *slaps forehead*

I'm keepin outta this one...

7. Jason, I know people post some (ie one) interstate rides in the Ride/Events forum, but maybe it would be more inviting to connect interstate riders with other riders in their state? If a Sydneysider guest were to look and see a NSW Rides forum, they may be more inclined to become a member....

Here I go again :roll: . Why do I keep looking for trouble...

8. We did have a State by State section but it was never used.

Admittedly we had bugger all members from NSW, QLD & TAS.

We have a heap of them now.

I'm all for it if it is going to be used.

9. SEGREGATION!!!! :LOL: :LOL: i'll cry foul i will :roll:

10. Feel the lurve..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p

11. I think it's a good idea Lil. U go girl!!

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

12. I have no objections but I am not sure about the need. I don't think the current all inclusive calendar is that crowded that people looking for rides on any given date will end up browsing heaps of postings. Perhaps Lils suggestion could be just as well addressed by people entering a state id in the heading.

13. I don't think it's a bad idea at all. It all depends on whether the sections get used. Perhaps give it a trial in if after a few months it hasn't been utilised then the admins could think about removing it.

Rather than getting too specific how about two sections:

1) Victoria
    2) Not Victoria

Should be clear enough! :D

14. I like it!

15. or
    Victoria
    bananna benders
    crow eaters
    sand gropers
    new crap wales
    northern dirt bowl
    inner breed isle

wouldnt that be easier :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

( only to be taken in humour)

16. This seems to be the solution adopted by most of the other forums I've seen. Seems to work there.

A subject of

[VIC] Spurs Ride

or

[NSW] Snowy Ride

Should do the trick

17. I very nearly crapped my pants when I read that...

Thank god for that. The last thing anyone around here needed was you finding another soapbox to stand on...

I like the idea of thread Titles having the State in them, you see that a lot. But rather than expect Authors to do it right all the time, you could have a mod go through and fix 'em up all the time... There wouldn't be all that many anyway...

18. Its pretty simple. On the cibby forum when you post a ride/event you put the state/country in square brackets in the topic. Eg
    [melb]doubleshot moccachinolateespocafe tonight or
    [sydney]whos up for a ram raid on the local harvey norman? or
    [bris]Im outta bundy

Makes life pretty easy.