Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another bright eyed fresh faced young'un

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Kha-Khees, Aug 3, 2009.

1. So, 2 months short of being able to get my L's I'm planning to learn as much as I can before sitting on a bike, and if all goes well to continue learning til I can't ride anymore! :D

First off, name's Rohan as in that place with all the horses in lord of the rings, and I'm turning 18 in october.
    You've all heard of or met teens under the delusion they're untouchable or invincible, but I don't think that's ever been a problem with me; even if I do say so myself.
    Like I said I want to be as prepared as I can for my L's test, there's a couple of family members who ride who have offered to help me as much as they can (They're fairly busy people, something like my second cousin + her husband), they might even be on here: I never remember to ask them!

Anyway, I've been lurking for here for ages, you can probably see that from my join date haha. I never got round to posting because I knew if I got involved here too soon the wait would kill me. :wink:
    Looking forward to getting to know some new people.

2. welcome mate, enjoy your new found love :)
  3. Hi and welcome to NR
  4. Welcome, Rohan. I guess you've soaked up a fair bit of stuff lurking all this time, and waiting for that magic day, eh??
  5. Hey dude, welcome to netrider :cool:
  6. Thanks,
    I'd like to think I've learned a fair bit, but it won't mean a thing til I get to ride, and I still need to be shown the ropes in practise.
    And yes, very excited. :)
  7. Learning is a wonderful thing. Something that never ever ceases to occur, unless we put an end to it (apathy, procrastination, loss of interest etc).

One of my uni lecturers once told me this :

1) Those who know that they know
    2) Those who know that they don't know
    3) Those who don't know that they know
    4) Those who don't know that they don't know

With continued learning, hopefully we can all at least be a type other than 4) :LOL:

Enjoy mate.
  8. hey Rohan,

welcome dude!Exciting times mate!

safe riding! :LOL:
  9. Welcome aboard Rohan, let us know how your bike search goes too.
  10. All the learning definately means something mate, it just means more with practical experience! (But the learning you've already done will help to make the practical mean THAT much more!)

Best of luck. Oh and, welcome :)
  11. Welcome to NR Rohan
  12. Welcome. Be sure to get good gear, helmet/gloves/jacket. Makes a world of difference to your comfort and thus enjoyment.
  13. where is Bonbeach?

14. near frankston i think?

welcome :)
  15. Hi Goz

about 30km south east of Melbourne city around the bay. 2/3 of the way to Frankston.
  16. +1.

I've always said to people starting out;

Save up all your money.
    Go buy All your gear, Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Jeans, Boots.
    Then, whatever you have left, buy a bike and insurance.

Good luck with it and welcome to NR dude. Wish I got my bike and license at 18. (i waited until I was 23 for some unknown reason). You'll have a blast.
  17. Welcome Rohan

Enjoy the bike shopping
    Let us see what you decide on :cool:

18. Holy crap, I wasn't expecting my thread to pop up again!

I was factoring gear into my budget since i started to read up on it more last year, instead of only daydreaming in school haha. Luckily I've got those family members to help me find decent gear and get to the course etc.

I'll definitely be on here more and asking the odd annoying question in about a month.

And yeah.. bonbeach is a tiny suburb on the nepean highway.
    Cheers guys cya round.