Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another boring newbie [VIC]

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Toyboy, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Hello fellas,

A young lad from Melbourne here.

I'm a long time lurker of this website which has helped me immensely so I thought I would join in on the fun and annoy you all with my presence.

I am pretty new to riding, but I ride a lot and am feeling very comfortable. I have a lot to earn obviously, but I'm getting there.

I'm currently riding the most user friendly workhorse a learner can get. A trusty old CB250, bulletproof and black. Got it nice and cheap too which is going to help me when I decide to upgrade, which will be very soon may I add.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Glad to be on the site and I hope to see you all out on the roads :D

2. Welcome mate

3. Hey man, welcome to the forums. Only a boring newbie if you choose to be

Where about in Melbourne are you? Still newish myself and wouldn't mind a friendly ride with someone.

4. G'day Toyboy and welcome to Netrider mate ! No such thing as a boring newbie - the 'early' days are the most exciting (y)
    And your CB250, in black ? ------> RESPECT.
    Enjoy buddy.

5. Welcome mate.

How soon 'til you upgrade?...

psssst, ps, watch out for nickers steering you towards the R1's... you may have guessed it, but he's a BIG fan

lol

6. Hahaha...nice c0rrupt (y)

7. I'm from inner city Melbourne, well, perhaps not in the thick of things, but only about 4 k's out of it.

I'm thinking of upgrading in a fairly short time. Perhaps even in the next month or two. I've fallen pretty deep in love with the CB400's as of late.
    I have read of a lot of happy riders here on these forums.

Ultimately, the dream is a Trumpy Speed Triple. Seen a few on here plus one or two in the flesh and by god they are sexy.
    That is, of course, if I can ever afford it!

Send me a pm Griff, I've been yearning to go on a ride ever since I got my L's but I've been playing the waiting game as other mates finalise their bikes :-({|=

8. Waiting around for others to get their bike???

Jebus... get on the bloody thing and get riding, company or no company!

9. Oh believe you me I haven't been solely waiting for someone to keep me company, I just haven't embarked on a longer ride as of yet.
    My bike is a commuter, and I've been doing plenty of that.

Hoping to go up the Great Ocean Road towards Aireys Inlet in the near future. I always loved getting driven along there as a kid, now I'm hoping to swerve myself around the landscape.

PS. Just as I was posting this, I received an sms from my mate, he's picking up his bike tomorrow!

10. Well then!

I suggest you both ditch work and embark upon a ride on the GOR - which is amazing to rip along on.

Provided the weather is nice!

11. Sunday is penned in! Very exciting!

12. Hi Toyboy and welcome to NR.

If you are looking for rides don't forget there is the Sunday Learner friendly ride most weeks. Basically you need to be able to ride at the speed limit and get around corners at the posted speed, and be comfortable in the saddle for about an hour or so at a time. If you can do that you should be fine.

13. hi mate, good to see you're keen for a naked bike.

if money is tight for a triumph, you could always build one out of a sportsbike - fairings + motocross bars.

14. Thanks for the tips guys, those sunday rides look like fun, I checked out the thread earlier.

The Trumpy is a while away anyway, whereas a CB400 could be on the horizon soon, just need to start saving and making money.

Before then, a higher powered 250 can be bought for cheap. The Yamaha FZX250 Zeal is a nice looker, good reviews too.

And yes, Naked is my favourite ;) I see the practicality of fairings, but I also see the cost if they crack.
    But above all, I just don't fancy the look of them.

15. Welcome to NR :D enjoy !!!

16. Hey Toyboi!!
    Welcome