Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another bloody L plater ;)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by _senator_, May 3, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,

Very very new rider here my name is Ben, I live in western Sydney it has been a very big weekend for me Friday i convinced my wife I was buying a bike booked my rider training fluke luck i got in sat sun this weekend passed and bought a bike.... cant wait to get in and do dkt test tomorrow and conquer my fear of riding on the rd think my driveway going to get a massive work out lol
    • Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Hillsy, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Welcome Ben! Felt pretty much the same but that feeling faded really fast after getting up the courage and hitting the road, Went out every night after 10pm when it's nice and quite in my area. Relax and have fun man, your Gunna love it.

Have a read through the Recources pages, I really liked Noob 101.
  3. Training and Practice till the bike bit is instinctive. Then you can concentrate on the others :) Enjoy it mate, nothin like perfect weather on your favourite road. Or track
  4. Howdy and welcome to NR _senator__senator_ . It really has been a big weekend for you! Enjoy and stay safe.
  5. welcome aboard :]
  6. Howdy Ben & Welcome to NR!
  7. Welcome ben. the next few months are going to be both the most challenging and also the msot enjoyable of your life!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks guys got dkt test at 12 ive been studying like crazy at moment best motorvation is starting my bike lol it may not be the best but it suits me and my height, it's a hyosung gt250r 2010 efi model i love the sound of the v twin as ducati bikes is the whole reason I've been wanting a licence for 15 years oneday ill get my ducati lol
  9. Well moment of truth has come 30 mins away from dkt sitting nervously in rta lol
  10. Good luck Ben and ride safe
  11. Wooooooo ye all done and passed let the good times roll lol
    • Like Like x 7
  12. On yer bike then! :D Safely. Have fun _senator__senator_
  13. Licenced to thrill :)
  14. Heading to mca price jackets for wed and buying some gloves now was some pretty good advice in another thread
  15. Welcome mate.
  16. Welcome _senator__senator_, congrats on getting your license and bike, and most importantly, have fun!
  17. That is the best thing ever i may be slow but f**k me im questioning why i waited so long in saying that ive only been round the block 5 times lol
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Mind you my.wrists hurt so obviously my posture is terrible
  19. Congratulations and welcome to NR Ben!
  20. Welcome Ben, we all started once upon a time and we have learnt as time has passed. Be patient and be aware of your surroundings and you will get the hang of it eventually