Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Another ACT newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by GW 18 & 5, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Hi all,

Been reading the discussion forums on netrider for a few weeks and thought I'd join up and say hi. I'm new to bike riding (been on P's for three months). Gotta say, it's a real eye opener on here, so many stories of offs, road rage from cagers and more riding information and tips than I know what to do with.

But it's a steep learning curve and I'm loving it.

I'm riding a ZZR250 and can't wait till July next year when (skill/confidence dependant) I can upgrade to an R6 or similar.

Anyway, hope to see some of you out on the road!

2. Heya!

Wow, another ACT n00b. This is great! :cool:

Looking forward to hearing more from you, maybe seeing you around the traps. :)
  3. Welcome, Gareth :).
  4. get along to the coffee meet and you will find out where all the ACT NR are posting these days, we have a ACT dedicated forum, but can't put the address up here

welcome gareth, come along to one of our coffee meets held every monday at 6pm at tilleys in lynham
  5. You don't ride a blue ZZR and work in Fyshwick do you?

Regards, Andrew.
  6. I ride a blue (2006) ZZR but I work in Weston. There's definitely a few around though! Thnks for the invite to the Monday get togethers. I'll try my best to get there this Monday depending on my work roster
  7. Hey guys, I'm another cager converted to the cycle, in the ACT. In fact, I'll be selling my car as soon as I can and soley relying on my bike, a Honda CBR250RR.

I've just bought it and want to get plenty of practice drilling in before think about getting into traffic. I'm taking it into Bruce's next week for a minor service and check, to baseline its condition as it begins it's new life under my care.

Here is the little baby, I love it already:

Anyway, I am sure I'll see you on the road at one time or another. I am pretty interested in coming to a meet as I get more confident.
  8. welcome toast, if you want someone to go out for rides to help you with anything let me know, i'm free most of the time obviously with the exceptions of business hours and this weekend is a write off as well, just flick us a pm
  9. Welcome aboard to you both.. :grin:
  10. Nice to see more ACT newbies :)

11. Toast, dont trust James he rides a honda :grin:
  12. so does toast kaitlyn :p
  13. lol, thanks for all the warm welcomes :D

I hope to be on the road in a couple of weeks (by that I mean as a daily rider - from Bruce, down Northbourne and into the city via braddon).

I almost bought a scooter... I still would like a scooter, but I know the CBR will be more what I want in a bike <GRIN>.
  14. G'day you 2, nice to have you on board.
  15. Big welcomes to Toast and Gareth!
    Have fun :grin:
  16. qbnspeedfreak I'll get along to a meet as I get more confident, don't you worry about that! :D Always keen to meet new people.

Welcome to toast as well, we're just popping out of the woodwork it seems.. :shock: :grin: