Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

And when I thought it was safe....

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by gracebeey, Aug 26, 2007.

1. I haven't posted for a long time, but today's event was pretty funny so I thought I'd share it with you all.

I was going to a certain bike shop in Springwood with another girl to buy an extra helmet and to check out for a possible new bike (desperately time to upgrade!).

As I was passing the rows of bikes, I became very interested in an FZ6 that was on sale, so the two of us started checking it out. One of the male staff came out to talk to us, and after a 'Hi', the first sentence he said was "The guys are upstairs, are they?" - implying that we must be there only because we're dragged by our boyfriends who must've been upstairs checking out bike gears.

Good to see the good ol' chauvinism isn't dead yet! More amazingly, this is the first time I've ever heard this kind of comment, so he must be one of the very few remaining batches.

I'll definitely be asking for another sales person if I come back to buy that bike.

-G-

2. so where the guys outside?

3. *edit*

Too tired... Too lazy!

Sorrrrrrrrrry

4. I think I know the shop you mean, got it myself once a while ago. There were a couple of guys working there saturday that I hadn't seen before. Can you send me a pm with a description? I don't work for them but I do know them, make sure they're made more aware and given a kick up the bum :)

If you do want the bike ask for Pete.

5. No, I was there with my girlfriend. :p

6. Did you pick up some whitegoods while you were there?

7. I was about to, but the fridge was just a tad too exxy. I noticed you were there too with your boyfriend, nice hot pink tutu you wore! :grin:

8. Oh, I do believe I've been zinged.

9. Well, it was in Queensland, after all :p.

{Oh, and nice zinger for haggismaen, grace!!! :rofl:}

10. You should have asked him where the sales people are ...obviously he's not one :roll:

11. So just to be different, I don't think it is chauvinist at all. Given that a large majority of riders are male, its a pretty fair assumption.

Now if you told him YOU were interested in the bike and he fell about laughing, THAT would be chauvinism.

I dunno, sorry, but I just don't see the big deal. Unless they are disrespectful about it, its an understandable mistake. :?

12. Lurker, you obviously don't know how many women ride bikes now.. Yes I know you are one..

Gracebeey I spoke to Pete today, he said he's very sorry, asked if I had a number he could contact you to apologise. He said he saw the encounter between you two and the sales guy, said it was brief.
    He wasn't impressed :shock:

13. The girlfriend's thoughts upon reading this thread: