Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

And they say we are top of the food chain!

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by incitatus, Aug 29, 2005.

1. I can't believe that they came up with an organization name that has the anacronym A.N.U.S. :LOL:
  2. Sidecar Willy???
    Please give me a break
    This has got to be one of the worst wind-ups I've seen for a long while.
  3. I dare someone to ring the number and see if it IS a wind-up!
  4. I have emailed these drongos for a set of rules.........let's see huh.
  5. I just KNEW YOU would!!! Response awaited.
  6. Don't hold your breath!!
  7. http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/dns/302/1f828d80.jpg

I don't see the problem. It looks like a really stupid way to mess about with machinery, endanger yourself, and go fast. What could be wrong with that?
  8. As a man who used to race a 125cc Bantam I can see your point.
  9. Ahem......these dudes are actually for real!

scroll down to the rules....Rule 8 is particularly interesting, "Thou shalt consider steering and brakes optional"......

Sidecar Willy and Bubba...genuine escapees from the shallow end of the gene pool.

Nonetheless, I think I will borrow Rule No8 as a reminder that 'there but for the grace of Dog'.....
  10. Turn Sir Skuffy loose on them, I say, that's scare some sense into them!!!
  11. God that looks like fun!
  12. Well if your interested here is the official response to my email from A.N.U.S.

"Hello George Brown

Thank you for your interest in Unicycle drag racing.
    The rules of the race are known as the TEN
    COMMANDMENTS and are published on our site
    www.nav.to/unimotorcycle at the 1992 link. If I can be
    of any further help feel free to ask.

Terry Secretary
    American National
    Unimotorcyclists Society"
  13. Now that just sounds like good old fashioned clean southern folk fun goin on there.
  14. What an absolute pisser, I've gotta get me a turbo charged, V8 small block chevvy 302 with 269 heads [Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor]...ar...ar...ar...[/Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor]...:LOL: