Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

and another one today!

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by kramer, Nov 26, 2004.

1. just heard on the news before, a guy was killed this morning in toowoomba after his bike hit a ute. the 2 occupants of the ute were unharmed.

the motorcyclist was 23 years old.

was a beautiful day in toowoomba today, where i live.

be careful out there! :(

2. Bummer :( really not a good year for motorcyclists at all. Having said that sometimes we're our own worst enemy. Due to rapid acceleration, high manouverability, good braking and a thin profile we do tend to take chances a lot more than we should I reckon.

Noticed today too that the squids are out in force too, hope for their sake they don't go for a bitumen slide.

3. Condolences to family & friends!

Please take care all!

4. My 9 year old and I went for an hour or so drive today on the Ringwood side of town. He counted 36 bikes, of which 21 were squids.

We have a looong way to go people.

Sad news Kramer.

5. Indeed the squid count was pretty damn high today think the only non-squid I saw was a bloke on bay st (pt melbourne) on a new augusta decked out in draggin pants and joe rocket - anyone here fit that description?

6. Hmmm.

A new MV, Draggin pants, Joe Rocket...does 2 out of 3 count? :LOL:

7. Can someone please explain how you get squid? Is that how they look after they kiss the ashphalt at 60k's or something?

I only saw about 3 bikers today & only 1 was in shorts & t-shirts.

8. A squid is someone with a hard head (helmet) and floppy (no protective clothing) limbs :)

9. Condolences to the lost riders family and friends.

10. i was a squid, until i saw the pics in the thread "this is why you should wear protective clothing".

that was really a wake up call :)
    now protection takes precidence over bike buying

11. saw alot of bikes out today, but i was in my car with my g/f.

there was a accident where a guy came off his bike, rounding a slow corner. looked to be single vechile, probably a highside. he didn't look too worse for wear, as he was sitting up, and he wasn't a squid. probably a bit shaken though, and he was riding with another guy.

in reguards to the original accident, apparently the guy was doing 120+ kph, in a 60 zone, and hit a toyota ute at an intersection. the bike went under, and he went over, about 50metres in the air. the impact was hard enough to overturn the ute onto it's side :|