Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

And another 'newbie' Qlander...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by bahamazoo, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Back on a bike after, wait, shish, 20 years! Sounds bad when you count it out...
    First was a '78 SSD Ducati 900 (864) -big question.. why was she ever sold??? Also in the garage was a GSX 1100E '80 -now there was a bike, did 8000k's in 9 days one time, 180,000 in total. Traded her on an '88 FJ1200 -too fat for a sports bike, too thirsty for touring, but did both brilliantly for a few years - Did you know you can do Broome to Perth in 19 hrs? (had to see Meatloaf at Bindoon Rock!).
    Had a couple of years without wheels, then somehow found a GSX-R1100 Slingshot. We didn't get on. Pretty lame I guess, only 4 bikes in 10 years.
    Now, the garage houses my first new bike, a 2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sports.
    She'll be with me for a while.

2. Nice to have you back, 'zoo. Welcome to NR.

Ah ... the GSX11E - there was a motorcycle. I've had 5 of them. The last one had 1000 katana head on an 1134 EFE block and cases. That sat in a locally made (Brisbane) replica of a Harris Magnum. One and only of its kind. Wish like hell I still had it. Never mind - the ZX14 does the same job with better comfort and a hell of a lot better steering lock.

A 1200 Guzzi - nice. You must tickle the ivories and give us an owner's report. This is mine for the 14. In 3 parts.

3. Cheers Kneedragon... don't suppose you kow anyone who needs/wants a Rickman Centura fairing to suit the ol 1100s do ya??
    The 1200 in the garage...

Attached Files: