Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

And another new one...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Rokster, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Hey there to all,

Another new one to the group... been on a bike for near 20 years now... Z750, Z1300, VF750 Sabre and ZZR1100 in the past. After an absence of 8 years ( mainly spent traveling around the world ), I've recently bought a BMW R1150R , and love the feeling of a bike under my bum once again.

Can't remember where I heard about the site, but D Stump's story had me come out of lurk-mode.

Looking forward to meeting up others.. be it for a coffee, early morning breakfast or longer ride

Be safe
    ~N

2. Welcome to the mad house, nice bike by the way!

3. ITS NOT MAD... :LOL: its fuity nut!!!! Welcome!!!

4. mad house??? who said that? i here voices. AAaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh

Welcome aboard

5. Was this moved to Site Discussion or just posted in the wrong area?

Anyway, welcome aboard man :)

6. crazy, me? Never! 8-[

7. Thanks for the welcome...

I love the bike, the color scheme ( burnt orange ) makes it a bit of an eye-catcher. It's a bit heavy going into corners, but once you're used to that it's a beaut to ride. Loads of grunt when you need it( though no match for some of the crotch-rockets ! ), relaxed riding position, heated grips.. all the things that add up nicely.

Voices ? Must be mine you're hearing... glad they're feeling at home already !

Keep Safe
    ~N

8. Another subtle BMW :LOL: :LOL:

9. Welcome, catch up with us at one of the Sydney events :)

10. What can I say... the bike is special.. just like it's owner ! :grin: :grin:

11. Thanks Paul, will do that !

What do I do to get that 'NetRider member' tag in my sig on the side ?

12. It's OK - there's just some comments about BMW styling and subtle graphics in another thread here at the moment... :LOL: :LOL:

13. Bugger that's all we bloody well need another "special" friend :roll:

14. welcome to the asylum. hope you enjoy.

15. Hey Rokster, after paying your 5 bucks click on another's member logo and put in your mebership number and password. then you can display your very own mber logo. Best $5 I ever spent it's already saved me hundreds off gearing up.

Oh yes, welcome.
    Did you do any riding OS?
    Looking forward to hear great stories from a land afar.

16. [IMG:65:56:6a7604902e]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/sgcooke/Smiles/sigs_misc_001.gif[/img:6a7604902e]

Welcome Rokster

Who said we mad? ahhh yes matti-san did. Only a mad person would say that :p

17. Thanks to everyone for the welcomes !!

im.on.it I've been on a bike in South Africa ( hate to admit that I'm from there at the moment ! ), most of the rest of southern Africa, UK and France.

UK is pretty much the same as here... a bit more wet weather of course, and the roads are marginally better. France... once you're used to going around the roundabouts the wrong way ( ie... anti-clockwise !!! ), it's pretty straight forward.

South Africa... you need b@lls of steel to be on a bike there these days. When I got my license back in '86, it was pretty easy. You could get your L's pretty early.. 15 if I recall correctly, and most boys did - however you were limited to only a 50cc. Once you turned 17, I think you could transfer to an unrestricted license, which basically just meant a test similar to the 'P's here. Learned to ride on a Honda MBX50, and later had a Yamaha DT175. Round the same time we also bought an XT660 Tenere for use on the farm. So that's my early days in a nutshell...

Well, back to modern times. A life is worth nothing in SA. The taxi's drive as if they are actively trying to get you off the road. There is simply no way that I would risk being on a bike in SA at the moment.

Will tell you more over a cold one someday... until then, keep it safe !
    Rokster

18. I see u got the member logo up. good show!
    Round-abouts the opposite way huh? That might suit me I prefer circling anit-clockwise.

I plan on travelling the world and riding where ever I can. France is on the list (right up there now) North America on the list too. just gotta graduate from a 250 first.

19. Welcome........

Post W