Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

and again, yet another noob

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by fastfreddygassit, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Hi all,
    I used to lurk these hallowed pages many years ago but spent most of my time on the Hayabusa forums. The busa is long gone (replaced by a gixxer thou) and what I have noticed as we get older is that all your riding mates eventually get married/have kids (or get hurt or...) and give up the bikes. I miss the "any excuse to grab a latte" rides and the busa boys won't come out when its cold :roll: and I knew that there are organised get togethers here so I thought I'd jump on and see what its like.
    A bit about myself:
    In my 30's :cool: (just!!), live in Hoppers, ride the gixxer on road and a wr250 offoroad. I have a yamaha jog but that is a long term project (read: I'm too lazy to fix it). Never been married and I'm a smartarse :p I think they may be a correlation between the last 2 points!! :grin:
    Hope to meet some of you guys soon.
    ps. the fastfreddygassit is self explanatory but I used to run the fred gassit portal on the alphalink site from 1996 till 2000 and something.
    I love Fred - what an absolute champion!!

2. Hi Mick,

Welcome to Netrider.

I am sure with all the events that occur on Netrider you will find someone to ride with.

Stay safe.

3. Welcome to NR, Mick. Feel free to drop in on a Monday night coffee in good ol' Willy. Look forward to seeing you around... :grin:
  4. Welcome to Netrider, although last time I looked we were over quota on smart-arses :LOL:.
  5. bugger :shock:
    but then again, too many smart-arses are never enough :p :p

Ta for the welcome guys. Hope to catch you on Monday night....
  6. Hi Mick and welcome.

Hornet600, sounds like we may need to go on a dumb arse recruiting drive to restore some balance.
  7. Hi Mick. Welcome aboard :wink: . We might even cross paths sometime in the, hopefully not, too distant future. I just need to get some wheels.