Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

International An old ride to France

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Valkrider, Apr 18, 2015.

1. In August 2013 I loaded up my bike and trailer for a two week trip from England to the South of France.

I wrote a blog and updated it every night, starting with the preparations, including a short 3 day getaway to make sure the camping gear was all good.

If anyones interested, the link to the blog is below, you might want to get a cold beer and some popcorn before you start reading, but you also might need some matchsticks to prop ya eyelids up.:wacky:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Great to read about your trip. Sounds fantastic.

Thanks for sharing your adventure!
  3. I don't have time to read it all today, but have bookmarked the page for Monday back at work...
  4. Have you ridden or travelled between Italy and Austria? Some ridiculous scenery through there
  5. If all goes to plan, we'll be riding to Austria this August.
    The place where we want to stay is a 1530km ride through England, France, Germany and Austria.
    I've not very keen to take my trailer because in Germany the speed limit for towing with a bike is only 60kph, even on motorways and the police are strict on it with "on the spot" fines.
    I think it's too dangerous to only be doing 60kph when everyone else is travelling at 130kph.
    For this trip, we'll be staying in hotels so I can just load the bike up.
    I might even write another blog.