Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

An email NOT to reply to......

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Smitty, Jul 27, 2005.

1. just got this at one of my email addies (and it got shown as spam)

Please Reply To: joseattahonetwo@yahoo.com

I am the manager foreign remitance department BANK OF AFRICA .
    I got your email adress while searching for trustworthy countries and
    individuals. I wish to seek your partnership in business because I
    discovered unclaim sum of $ 10m US dollars in our bank which belonged to one of our late foreign customer who died with his entire family in Paris
    plane crash 2000*.
    I discovered this while cross-checking the files of foreigners
    in my department since our Federal Government has announced on the need of settling all foreign bills to enable foreign investors to come into our
    country and as an order from African Unity governed by African heads.

Since I discovered the unclaim fund and about his death, I have been
    expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because our
    bank cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or
    relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines but unfortunately I learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this businness proposal to you as to be a partner to claim the fund since nobody is coming for it and I dont want this money to go into the Bank's treasury as unclaimed Bill.

The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained
    unclamed after four years, the money will be transfered into the Bank
    treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in
    this business is because the customer was not a Burkinabe and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner. I agree that 30 % of this money will be for you as foreign partner, since you are provide an account for the claim, 10 % will be set aside for expenses incured during the business which means what ever you will spend during the transfer after it will be taken out of the 10% and 60 % would be for me.

There after I will visit your country for disbursement accoding to the
    percentages indicated if agreed.Therefore to enable the immediate
    trnansfer of this fund to you as arranged, you must apply first to the bank as relations or next of kin with the informations I will give you about the
    account and the owner/deceased. therefore thereafter will provide your bank name, your bank account number, your private telephone and fax number for easy and effective communication and location where in the money will be remitted you will include all these in the application addressed to our remittance director to the address of I will give you later.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you the pattern of the
    application you will copy and re-send to our remittance director for the
    claim. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is
    hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all
    required arrangements have been made for the transfer and the file of the
    fund is under my desk.

Yours faithfully,
    Kasim Hammed.

Get Your Own Free Persian E-Mail Account at http://www.Noavar.com !

yeah right :shock:

* oh
    and what plane crash??

if anyone gets one of these, IGNORE IT, classify it as spam
    and delete it!

2. aahhh the old Nigeran scam, one of the enduring blights upon the internet!!!

I wonder if anyone has contacted them back and offered the same deal to them???
  3. I got the email about two years ago.

I firstly sucked them in by saying that I was interested... :D

I got a positive response back a couple of days later.

I sent them back another email asking them to post me a bank cheque for 100% of the amount and fot them to give me there bank account details and I will desposit the money into there account.. :p

I never got an email back........... :cry:
  4. why does he get 60% :p
  5. No No No... this actually works..... How do you think I am able to pay for my toys........ :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

JUST KIDDING .... Awesome scam,,,, I had one about 3 years ago and followed up with a phone call as mine had a contact number. I advised them:
    1. I was grateful they found out what happened to my Uncle
    2. I wanted to donate monies to cover expenses into their account
    3. I wanted THEIR bank details to do the transfer
    4. I advised I will call the airport and pass on his details as thanks for helping out

Damn, he never got back to me either.
  6. OK guys, you want an absolutely HILARIOUS read about this scam ? A mate of mine on the ski forums (actually the guy who gave me my first bike as a permanent loan) decided to have some fun with these guys, so he answered them as if he was very very interested.

What happened next has become part of ski.com.au history and has been enetered into the site's archives to be preserved forever.

Read it all here --->Wombat get's offered 15% of US$ 38mil!!
  7. Older than just an enduring internet blight. My next-door neighbour has a letter copy of the Nigerian scam from the days when it was sent by surface mail.
  8. Just read through the thread, it was an absolute cracker. The office is looking at me funny cause I'm giggling away. I have tears streaming from laughing so much.
  9. Unfortunatly there are people that reply to these scams , the "i want to get rich quickly people". You hear and read about them all the time .
  10. I sent an email asking them to take a photo of themselves, with a sign saying

"Mike Hunt Hertz"

to establish whether they looked trustworthy enough for me to continue with the 'transaction'..

I got the photo, but the sign only said
    "Mike Hunt"

So I sent a reply back stating that if they did not do the sign correctly then I could not trust them..

They sent back a reply calling me a smartarse so they must have seen that one before!!
  11. Old indeed! My ex-employers has old mate who, during the '80s, visited Nigeria at least 4 times pursuing this very deal. Was wined and dined, met family members, etc. and was bled of thousands of dollars over many months. What a dill!
    BTW, this is STILL Nigerias biggest foreign currency earner (after oil, which it doesn't get to keep much of).
  12. A mate of mine sends any old junkmail he gets back to any companies that have reply paid address envelopes in their mailers.

Not much I know but it would cost these companies a fair amount in postage if everyone did it.

At home I also get lots of calls for a "Mr Davis" (no realtion to my family). I've had enough of them so I just go quiet for a second or two them quietly that he passed away 2 weeks ago.

They never call again :)
  13. I actually replied to one of these and advised I wanted at least 50% for my troubles, never heard back. Think mine was the second in the series which was based on the Ivory Coast rather than Nigeria.

Don't know a heck of a lot about Africa but believe I have seen somewhere that the Ivory Coast ranks up there with the world's most corrupt governemnts.
  14. here is a post from Wombats exchange with them in the ski thread. This is a cracker :

"My dearest Kossi,

How I am sorry from the deepest crevices of my bowels that I have delayed in contacting you. I fear you have not been butchered or flayed alive since we last spoke. My organs are throbbing with the expectation of the delivery of your load. I cannot wait to have it within my taste. I have attached a copy of my passport and international drivers licence, so you may be sure who you are dealing with. My address is as follows:

383 Latrobe Street
    Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia
    Phone: (03) 9607 7777

Please come quick, I await your load urgently.

The things, that address is the Australian Federal Police in Melbourne !!!
  15. I love the copy of the passport with the Wombat photo that he sent - it's a gem. Particularly the explanation as to why he looks like that (you really have to go to the thread and read it for yourself)

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: