Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

An apology.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Sam, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Now, as some of you may know, I have never really had a thing for high powered 1000cc sports bikes and I never really thought that they had a place on the streets.

I had the chance to ride pillion on a 2003 R1 on sunday, and let me tell you, I have never experienced a greater rush than when the experienced rider got it up on the back wheel at an indicated 210km/h. When people say that they are "flighty", they aren't kidding.

Anyway, bottom line: I still have no intention of buying a CBR1000RR, GSX-R1000, ZX-10R or R1, BUT I have a newfound respect for them. My apologies to all.
  2. Fair enough - accepted.
  3. Spoken like a true I KNOW IT ALL 250cc RIDER.

Typical. Gets on a larger capacity bike and goes all weak at the knees like a little school girl coz of the adrenalin rush.
  4. Yeah Dazza, and you were born on 1000CC sports bike. Come on mate, give the guy some slack, he is just describing his thrill on the bike. you were begginer once too!
  5. Mate he said in another thread a few choice comments about large bikes. He was rightfully pulled up on it.

Then he recants his comments due to the fact that he went for a spin on one and realised how much fun a larger capacity bike was. I will bet any money when he gets off his restriction he will increase in cc capacity, as too which size, my bet at this early stage would be a 600cc.

Just seemed VERY DUMB too slagg OFF on large cc capacity bikes when the individual has ZERO IDEA and ZERO KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE to back up those comments that were made.

Cheers 8)
  6. no appoligy needed.

I had the across , had ridden a couple of bike bikes , enjoyed it but for what i needed the ACROSS did the job, it was only when my needs changed that i decided to upgrade.
    Not everyone needs to ride a 1 litre + bike , it might not suit there purpose.
    if your 250 does the trick , good for you , but once you step into the world of big bikes theres no going back , you just want to go bigger.

give him a break dazza you big meannie :wink: :LOL:
  7. Oh well at least he admitted that he was wrong. At least he is honest, that deserves some credit.
  8. True.

Cheers 8)

Damn message to short message