Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

~~~ An Announcement ~~~

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by doonx, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Tam and I spent the weekend up at Mt Beauty at a very special B&B (Luxury Spa Chalets) we have been to a number of time over the past 5 years. We skied at Falls Creek in beautiful sunshine on Saturday and had a few lovely beers on the deck at Falls Creek Hotel. It was a fantastic day.

After we got back, we had a luxurious spa with bath oils and seas sponges, along with a bottle of Yarra Burn Champagne.

Saturday evening we dined in the private dining room, by a log fire along with Chesterfields. The dining table was set with fine bone China crockery and the most spectacular array of fine crystal glassware you can imagine, hand blown Stuart Crystal, Waterford Crystal and Riedel Wine Glasses. I had also organised for a gorgeous bouquet of flowers to be there for her as well.

The meal was sensational. I had organised a bottle of French Sauvignon Blanc from Sancerre in the Loire Valley (Tam loves Sauv Blanc), a Pinot to compliment the main, and a bottle of exceptional Taittinger French Champagne.

During dinner, I spoke to Tam about how wonderful it has been over our near 6 years together, and how that I would be honoured if she would marry me. She was surprised, delighted, emotional, and said yes. It was then that the Taittinger made it's appearance. I had the ring ready, it is divine. A close friend of 30 years is a Jeweller in the Blue Mountains and had directed me where to purchase the stone in Melbourne, I designed the ring myself, he tweaked it a little and then he hand made it in White Gold, it's a 1 off.

At this stage we haven't set a date, but it will be next year, and probably mid to late Spring in order to increase the chances of good weather.

We are both really happy and excited :grin:
  2. :grin:

Nice one! Congrats!
  3. Congrats Doonx!
  4. Congrats to doonx and commiserations to Tam!

5. it goes without saying....

giggity giggity!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
  6. Congrats guys, that's awesome news!!! Catch up with you both soon xoxo
  7. Congrats Doonx !!
    How romantic eh :)
  8. very smoooth! :cool: :cool:
  9. You smoothy!

Congrats. :applause:
  10. Now you can stop living in sin! Woo!

Hey thats what my grandparents would say..

Congrats :D
  11. congrats to the both of you!
  12. Congrats Donx. :beer: Might I suggest a honeymoon champagne in Chamonix
  13. You have no right to ask others to share your misery.
  14. congratulations! :dance:
  15. How romantic!

Congrat's to you both :)
  16. Congratulations dude. Sounds like you've had yourself a fairy-tale weekend!
  17. Congrats. Will Kiss be playing at your wedding?
  18. I had a word with Paul last week. Lets see what happens from there ;) ..........
  19. haHA!

Surround them with bright, shiny objects.
    Get them drunk.
    Pop the question.

-A fine, traditional proposal.

Good work, doonx!
    May you and Tam's years ahead be even better than the ones you've already shared.
  20. No chance that this new status might prompt you to behave in a more mature manner?

no, I didn't think so :LOL:

Congrats, mate.