Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

an account of a collision between an mc and a 'truck'.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by twainharte, Dec 31, 2006.

1. from another forum:

12-30-2006 02:14 PM

''...I got into my first accident this week. I was riding my friends bike while he was out of town (he let me borrow it) and I was driving around my block and a truck ran head on into me while he was attempting to make a left turn.

He was cited, and was at fault according to the police report. My friend has full coverage on the bike, and I have my M1 permit so I was all legal, and I wasn't speeding or wreck less driving or anything.

I have a fractured arm, broken wrist and thumb. As well as road rash and cuts/bruises EVERYWHERE. My groin slammed into my tank pretty hard (i don't remember much from the accident) but it has been hurting pretty bad for the last few days making it hard to walk.

I had about $1200 worth of gear I was wearing, all messed up as well as my new 300 dollar cell phone I got the day before..."

how the bike looked:

and now:

2. Holy sh!te dood.
    Wtf do you say when you see pics like that?
    I wouldn't wish that on an enemy.
    Brother you've been 'touched', don't waste it.
    Wish i could say more, but hell....
    ....words just don't do it.

Get back in there soon bro.
  3. the back left indicator is still intact! haha
  4. It'll buff right out with some #2 cut'n'polish.
  5. Crap- glad you are still here to post the pics!
    Hope you are feeling better soon.
  6. Damn americans! That a bloody UTE!!! :p

At least he/she's OK. I wonder if they get to keep the wreck for parts?
  7. yeah. lucky ish.
  8. [​IMG]

repairable rewrite-off :grin:
  9. Haha, if it was an aussie one you'd probably see it on motorcycledisposals next week with the tag "Just needs a new coat of paint!" Those shifty buggers :p
  10. I have seen the odd ugly bike in Kawisaki Green, but given it the benefit of

Oh well.. at least it's nice and visible.

Now they'll just have to be ugly, I guess :eek: :p
  11. Isnt that why they make the 100mph tape. :shock: :LOL:
  12. Not fun at all mate. I'm glad you're not to badly hurt and hoping you heal up quick. :)
  13. Bloody hell. :shock: :-#
  14. Mate I would be Cheering your Steal here, But about the bike..