Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Americans - Don't You Just Love Them.

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by TheBlokeAtNumber27, Jul 23, 2012.

1. This came from a friend on facebook.

gun.

They're out there....

2. Gawd, what was the crackpot lunatic fringe that did that?

3. Forewarned is forearmed

Of course most Americans have been forearmed for a while now!

4. gotta love conspiracy theory generators

5. Will anti gun groups use this event? Yes.
    The rest is pure bat shit crazy though. With that special American flavour.

6. If everyone was packing in the theatre then the Joker would have been finished off faster than Bill Clinton conducting intern interviews... at least that will be the slant from the pro-gun, republican, my sister is also my aunt, second ammendment quoting, tard-squad.

I'm sure that if Charlton Heston was still around there would be a completly 'co-incidental' NRA rally in Colorado in the coming days.

7. I got a buddy who lives in Ohio ,The guy is huge and has a carry concealed weapon permit.(pic of him in another thread)
    Guns are a way of life in America .Notice the tattoo on his arm,It`s a handgun firing bullets

My Vegas friend can walk into a gun shop and walk out with one strapped to his person as long as its visible.no permit needed

Crazy people are Crazy people , but 9/10 Americans love guns ,The other 1% would not argue with their right to bare arms.

8. When Americans use the word "alien", they usually mean "non-American". In this case, the author is implying that Obama is not a U.S. citizen.

Anyway, the point that the actions of a madman will be used to prevent law-abiding citizens from having firearms is absolutely true.
    It is also true that if the rest of the people in that theatre had been armed, far fewer people would have been killed.
    It is also true that the states in the US which have relaxed CCW/open carry laws have decreasing crime rates, while the states which (illegally) prohibit citizens from being armed have rising crime rates. Why? - Because criminals will always go after the easy targets.

The hysteria over this sort of event is pathetic. - More people are killed with cars than with guns but I don't see wailing leftist idiots on TV proclaiming that "cars are dangerous and should be banned".
    Furthermore, since neither criminals, terrorists nor the insane will obey firearms laws or restrictions, how will disarming the ordinary members of the public make them safer?!

I note the Left's contemptible attempts to blame this on the Tea Party and conservatism in general. Utterly ridiculous.

BTW, Australia would be much safer if CCW permits were issued here. The average Lebanese mugger would think twice about trying it on with someone who probably had a gun on them.

9. Wow. That was racist.

10. No it wasnt,he simply opined on what an average Lebanese mugger would think.
    He neither expressed racism,or said all muggers are Lebanese,or all Lebanese are muggers.

11. Meh. I just prefer their bread.

12.  Top
  13. Insert "motorcycle"? :)

Oh, but just because you cannot see their hand in these affairs, does not mean they aren't there....

14. If everyone in that theatre was armed they would have ended up shooting each other in the confusion.

"More people are killed with cars than with guns but I don't see wailing leftist idiots on TV proclaiming that "cars are dangerous and should be banned"

Cars are vital for transportation, unfortunately people crash their cars and die but that doesn't outweigh their necessity. Guns have one purpose, TO MAKE ALIVE THINGS NO LONGER ALIVE. Unless you're a farmer, a cop or a solider, get fucked, you don't need a gun.

"Furthermore, since neither criminals, terrorists nor the insane will obey firearms laws or restrictions, how will disarming the ordinary members of the public make them safer?!"

The thing is, you're assuming 'ordinary members of the public' are a different breed to 'criminals'. Just look at that batman murderer, he was a PHD student, a normal kid. A bit of a loner but you wouldn't pick him as a mass murderer. People snap, they commit crimes of passion, they get fired, dumped, evicted, whatever and they have a tool that can kill someone in an instant. As for your leb mugger theory, now that guns are legal, wouldn't he also have a gun? And being a criminal, less hesitant to use it?

15. The great debate
    Happy to sit bavk and read ; keep it coming

16. Wanna see a gun debate, search for a user called TNdadUSA or similar... a real redneck who dropped in to tell NR how it was with guns after Columbine.

17. If this was true then at least one of the mass shootings in the states would have had someone fire back - to date none of them have had this happen.

18. Also from facebook.
    Sorta has a ring of truth to it.....
    [​IMG]