Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

American Ironhorse

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Big W, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Wondering if anyone has any experience with these bikes? There's a mob on the Gold Coast who import & comply these bikes from the states but I'm yet to meet anyone who has actually bought/ridden one.

From what I gather they're made in the USA with pretty decent size engines. So would like to hear from what users not associated with the brand, think.

2. One of the contractors who comes into work regularly has one.
    Next time he's in I will ask him

3. had a mate who bought one of these 100+ cube stretched out cruisers imported from the US. it looked awesome, unbelievable paint, tons of chrome, a big headturner.

turns out a lot of those imports are repairable write-offs. not saying that Ironhorse are specifically but just be careful that the US write-off laws do not protect overseas buyers. mate had plenty of issues and bike needed lots of repairs.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. I must say not my kind of bike.
    However, if they're running an S&S lump (according to the info I could find) then you are ahead of the Harley brigade quite considerably.

My concern in Aus would be parts and servicing.

5. Yeah parts & servicing could be an issue. At least there not Chinese/Indian made...that I could find out at least.