Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ambulance drones

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by smileedude, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Well that's one of the smartest things I've seen in a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. top idea but I could see it landing at Dandenong or Frankston plazas and getting nicked
  3. Jeffco how could you say they. There wonderfully safe places. Cough cough.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. hmmm. good intent, but I'm skeptical.

Firstly it has to be a heart attack. I'd be interested to know what percentage of ambulance calls are actually heart attacks.

I also doubt you could design a drone with enough battery to provide the multiply shocks it typically requires to revive a patient.

And then having no-one there to deal with the consequences of it not working (which I understand is the more common occurrence)

I suppose you could have a series of drones equipped for the top 5 most common call outs.

Aspirin for stroke, adrenalin (probably one of the highest needs), antihistamine, a hand respirator, some bandages, maybe a light dose of morphine.

So good start, but it seems a little off track at the moment.
  5. #5 smileedude, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    I've used the pretend defib kits for dummies in first aid courses. They are pretty light and very straight forward to use.

"At just 3.5 pounds (1.5kg), the HeartStart FRx is light and portable, allowing for easy transport. Its size and weight make it perfect for police officers, firefighters, and trained public servants."

"The net load of our strongest drone is currently up to 2,400 g. This includes the weight of the respective camera mount. "
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. I suggested using drones to drop inflating flotation devices to swimmers in trouble at beaches, because they could get to them faster than a lifesaver and could drop multiple flotation devices quickly if the number of swimmers in trouble exceeded the number of lifesavers available.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1