Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Amateur on two wheels

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by kimmsWR250, Jul 8, 2015.

1. #1 kimmsWR250, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    So I've been on a bike now for about 9 months, still learn something new every time I ride no matter what it is I am constantly learning.
    After a lot of saving and trying to chose my perfect bike knowing I wanted a dual sport for off road fun and still being able to commute to and from work I picked up my beautiful 2014 Yamaha WR250R.
    Being a shorter person after a few lowering modifications it was definitely my new love (closely followed by my other off road toy GQ Patrol)
    One of my friends showed me this thread and I am keen to learn so much more about riding and get in some practice and rides so here I am!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome kimms. This forum is worth it and you'll definitely get lots of answers to whatever you throw into it.
    Have fun!
  3. #3 cjvfr, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Welcome Kimms, Every Saturday afternoon a group gathers to practice at Homebush See THIS thread. It is worth going along and meeting the gang. They also organise group rides from time to time.

The WR250 is a great bike I had one myself for off road work many moons ago. I can remember getting myself into trouble regularly on that machine. All fun. :)
  4. And some of those answers will even be helpful :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Welcome to NR
  6. Hello kimms, welcome aboard.
  7. welcome aboard :]
  8. welcome to the NR Forum
  9. G'day KimmKimm, welcome to Netrider. The WR250R has a great reputation. I know a few local male and female riders who take theirs out along the dirt and 4WD tracks around here and have a great time.