Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Am I too old to start riding?

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Never2Old, May 21, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,
    Just bought my first motorbike! Got a ttr250 to ride on the family farm and the occasional commute .... when i get my license! Haven't ridden a two wheeler since teenage days.
    I am hoping to spend some time riding the bike with my teenage son.
    Have already learnt so much from the forum.

• Like Like x 2
  2. How old ARE you?? :)
  3. Welcome to NR ...

No, you're never too old to learn anything! :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. At last calculation .... 52! My wife seems to think my mid-life crisis will never end.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. #5 Lazy Libran, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Wot is zis meed-life crisis you speek of? No such thing...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thanks for the welcome!
  7. 52! Pharke!

You've just learned to live, and now will learn to put a value on it.

Go for it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 52 !@ That;'s only half way, get stuck into it.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. as long as you can keep it up.........right your're never to old :wacky::wacky:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mate that's really old, you'll need to look straight into getting a turbo 'busa to try and catch up on missed thrills!

Lol no such thing as too old, enjoy!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 52 ain't old! Welcome to Netrider, and to the joys of motorcycling!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  13. I'm sorry. 52 is too old for riding a motorcycle. You're the weakest link.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Have you seen the movie 'worlds fastest indian'? Burt Munro was way older than that.

15. G'day Never2Old, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first bike!

I went out for a three hundred-kilometre day ride last weekend with two riders in their mid-seventies. They rode harder than I could (albeit as a newer rider myself). You've got decades of riding ahead, and hopefully a great way to share some time with your son too.
  16. Thanks everyone for the comments and encouragement. I am looking forward to learning much from these pages and more from getting out on the bike.
  17. Pretty sure your username answers your question :p good luck with the riding and have fun!
  18. 52 years old.

So you were born, like, in the last century...;)
  19. Correction ... mid-life CELEBRATION. Woo hoo ... welcome to the ride of your life.
    • Like Like x 3